Bullnose Forums

1986 F250 4x4 29k original miles on Ebay (in Florida)

Nice lookin' old 86 F250 4x4 here. It's worth noting if the 29k is the original mileage. The truck appears to be in pretty nice condition. Price is high of course.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254422705580

Note the custom AC installation. I have a file folder created where I've been saving pictures of Bullnoses with custom AC installs. They went a little different route with this one and did the under dash vents, but if it keeps you from melting, whatever works!

I'm planning on doing a similar installation myself, but want to use factory dash vents.

s-l1600_(5).jpg.d604dddf407e24dc4a8c5ad550c99e4d.jpg

10.jpg.8d62eebc921e7f65a2aaeb43c3191d89.jpg

s-l1600_(4).jpg.68b25d37c394754391e4aa2998c28382.jpg

I'd love to know what AC unit they went with. A couple of the companies are making "Micro" units not for Hotrods (and whatever) and they must be small enough to fit neatly in behind the glovebox on a Bullnose because this is the 3rd I've found online.

Is this the same seller that had the Bullnose Bronco a while back?

I remember somebody saying that they drive by this place every day, Shaun I assume?

Yes, it is Shaun.

Nice truck. I hope they get that much money for it, but I doubt it.

On the A/C controls, it sure seems like they could have laid them out better. They look cramped and hard to tell which is which.

And it's odd that the truck did not have AC considering it was fairly well optioned otherwise. Maybe it is not an original southern truck, although it would be a bit backwards to be selling a northern truck in the south.:nabble_smiley_grin:

And it's odd that the truck did not have AC considering it was fairly well optioned otherwise. Maybe it is not an original southern truck, although it would be a bit backwards to be selling a northern truck in the south.:nabble_smiley_grin:

Is that dual exhaust factory for the 460? I see there's only a single tail pipe, so it must have a dual in/single outlet Muffler?

11.jpg.ae7c738b7537a242f1ac77527a90e2b0.jpg

Well spotted! I don't know the answer to that question, but I didn't realize that Ford used a 2-in/1-out muffler. Curious to see what others say.

This truck has been sitting on their lot since that Bronco was first listed, and I've wondered if it was a personal vehicle or something that would be sold.

One thing I've noticed off of the bat, the mirrors are incorrect for a 1986.

Also, that A/C install is absolutely atrocious. I would walk away from this truck based solely off of that. That truck went thirty years as a heater only truck, it could have gone thirty more without being molested like that. If they couldn't get the control knobs right, who knows what the rest of the install looks like.

The lack of A/C intrigued me, and something told me this wasn't a Florida truck. Turns out I was right. This truck is from Washington State.

Previous sales listing from Washington State

This truck has been sitting on their lot since that Bronco was first listed, and I've wondered if it was a personal vehicle or something that would be sold.

One thing I've noticed off of the bat, the mirrors are incorrect for a 1986.

Also, that A/C install is absolutely atrocious. I would walk away from this truck based solely off of that. That truck went thirty years as a heater only truck, it could have gone thirty more without being molested like that. If they couldn't get the control knobs right, who knows what the rest of the install looks like.

The lack of A/C intrigued me, and something told me this wasn't a Florida truck. Turns out I was right. This truck is from Washington State.

Previous sales listing from Washington State

Good find, Cory. :nabble_smiley_good:

Shaun - I agree on the A/C. Just bizarre. As for the Washington state listing, any way to know what it sold for? Did I miss that?

Good find, Cory. :nabble_smiley_good:

Shaun - I agree on the A/C. Just bizarre. As for the Washington state listing, any way to know what it sold for? Did I miss that?

The trucks pops up multiple times when you search the vin number on Google. Each hit basically shows the same thing though. The descriptions all say happing bidding, so the truck was up for bid somewhere.

*EDIT* Truck was sold for $15,500 in August via Ebay.

Previous Ebay Listing