Bullnose Forums

Miss fire help

Danny G

Gary, did you happen to find that EVTM for the vans?

Unfortunately I don't have an EVTM that covers the vans. Sorry.

It is possible that the wiring is the same but just the length of the wires and the placement of the parts is different. So if you want to look at some of the pages let me know. I could post some and you could see.

Gary, did you happen to find that EVTM for the vans?

Unfortunately I don't have an EVTM that covers the vans. Sorry.

It is possible that the wiring is the same but just the length of the wires and the placement of the parts is different. So if you want to look at some of the pages let me know. I could post some and you could see.

I appreciate it, picked up a haynes manual, I know it will have some schematics in it. I would think the wiring should be the same with the trucks, just length and ground wire locations different.

What "system" would be most helpful?

Ignition/vacuum if you have it should help me hammer a few things out.

The misfire does not seem to be constant so, thinking about making a smoker to check for vac leaks.

Will do a KOER test/cylinder balance test today to see if it gives me any codes that the KOEO didn't.

After that planning on checking plugs first to see if there is any indication of whats going on, do a compression test at the same time. Leak down test kit comes in today as well. Wires, ignition coil and TFI are on that list as well. Between this and my sister in laws 99 Honda I'm getting some good misfire troubleshooting practice.

Ignition/vacuum if you have it should help me hammer a few things out.

The misfire does not seem to be constant so, thinking about making a smoker to check for vac leaks.

Will do a KOER test/cylinder balance test today to see if it gives me any codes that the KOEO didn't.

After that planning on checking plugs first to see if there is any indication of whats going on, do a compression test at the same time. Leak down test kit comes in today as well. Wires, ignition coil and TFI are on that list as well. Between this and my sister in laws 99 Honda I'm getting some good misfire troubleshooting practice.

Well, I'm not sure I can help you. The EVTM I have is a '96 and the only wiring diagrams it has for anything smaller than a 460 is for EEC-V with MAF and sequential injection. Yours should be speed density and bank fire. So, do you still want the diagrams?

Well, I'm not sure I can help you. The EVTM I have is a '96 and the only wiring diagrams it has for anything smaller than a 460 is for EEC-V with MAF and sequential injection. Yours should be speed density and bank fire. So, do you still want the diagrams?

Gary, who has a 1986 EVTM? :nabble_anim_crazy: