Bullnose Forums

Brake booster sizing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just in case anyone is looking at this for future reference:

I was able to locate a reman unit for an 84 F350 which fits. Why this part was not cross listed for the F250 is beyond me.

Were there options with the master cylinder preattached to the booster or was everything across the board out? I know it may be a bit more money but it may be a last resort for someone at some point.

Were there options with the master cylinder preattached to the booster or was everything across the board out? I know it may be a bit more money but it may be a last resort for someone at some point.

Where it gets interesting is there were essentially two F250s, a light duty (under 8500 GVWR) and a heavy duty (over 8500 GVWR) the brakes and emission requirements change at 8500 GVWR as these are Federal Motor Vehicle Standards for the requirements. The Peoples Republik of Kalifornia has different emission standards which is why some engine options were either different or not available there.

I've never seen pre-attached masters and boosters. I've only seen individual masters and then boosters. Sorry.