Bullnose Forums

1982 F150 4x4 Explorer one owner w/original paint, low miles.

This truck isn't overly special, but I thought that the original Explorer paint scheme was kinda cool as it has it has some styling borrowed from the XLS model of the same year. It also gets a nod for being a rust free one owner truck with only 100k miles on it...and a 4x4 with a 300 and 3 pedals is desirable to many.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143430247028

The painted in area around the door windows is very XLS.:nabble_smiley_good:

557159_800600.jpg.839a7f3c4c0faa62c53a768d53f5769d.jpg

1982-f150-xls.jpg.5e281ea34a4e749dc3ff0d88ff72b3a3.jpg

The Explorer decals and strips are all faded but still intact.

1715206_800600.jpg.84b8b979fbb8444b1be706d58d2d7023.jpg

667330_800600.jpg.f7c7bd6da3795891ec64afe2418f7b2a.jpg

I think it would be a very cool truck all restored with it's original stripes and decals. Something a little different that you don't see every day.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm partial to Explorers. Bought a new one in '72, and the '82 white one I had was an Explorer. Plus Big Blue is as well.

And the paint scheme does set them apart, or at least does that one. It would be a special truck if restored.

Gary,

I found a picture online of what the stripes are supposed to look like (when not faded). I betcha it looked pretty nice when it was new.

1FTDF15E1CPA59452-1982-Ford-F150-rear-left-21204602.jpg.0e27f032b09096961eed215dc56bf02d.jpg

1FTDF15E1CPA59452-1982-Ford-F150-front-left-21204602.jpg.eca331c4e5720e50b4643c3df100bd12.jpg

By the way, on a side note...this truck below showed up in my morning search, and it's looks like it's not all that far from you. I thought it was really nice at first, but it looks like it has a couple dents on the driver's side. Otherwise it appears to be a pretty clean unit.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/790018987/overview/?aff=atempest&CMP=atempest

Gary,

I found a picture online of what the stripes are supposed to look like (when not faded). I betcha it looked pretty nice when it was new.

By the way, on a side note...this truck below showed up in my morning search, and it's looks like it's not all that far from you. I thought it was really nice at first, but it looks like it has a couple dents on the driver's side. Otherwise it appears to be a pretty clean unit.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/790018987/overview/?aff=atempest&CMP=atempest

Wow, that is a very, very early 1982 truck. It still has the threaded shift knobs for the transmission and transfer case.

Gary,

Cory - That's not far from me at all. And, it is nice, although it does have some dents. But, at $8K I think it is seriously over-priced.

Wow, that is a very, very early 1982 truck. It still has the threaded shift knobs for the transmission and transfer case.

Oh...I would never even notice that, but it is interesting how you guys spot little details like that. I just thought the original Explorer package paint scheme was interesting.

PS:...I know I've asked this before, but the external tie-downs on the bed. They seem to be really common on west coast or southwest trucks, ya? They seem to be really rare in the east. Were they ever offered by Ford, or are they always aftermarket accessories?

PS:...I know I've asked this before, but the external tie-downs on the bed. They seem to be really common on west coast or southwest trucks, ya? They seem to be really rare in the east. Were they ever offered by Ford, or are they always aftermarket accessories?

I can't find them in the 1986 accessory catalog, and it is the most thorough, nor the MPC, nor the 1986 price list. But, I only tried calling them a "tiedown", "tie-down", "tie down", or "anchor". What else might they be called?

Oh...I would never even notice that, but it is interesting how you guys spot little details like that. I just thought the original Explorer package paint scheme was interesting.

It helps that I'm naturally a very observant person. But I'm always on the lookout for stuff like that. I guess I learned it from owning a 1980 since there were plenty of differences between 80 and 81.

It helps that I'm naturally a very observant person. But I'm always on the lookout for stuff like that. I guess I learned it from owning a 1980 since there were plenty of differences between 80 and 81.

Since there are some fairly significant changes between the earlier Bullnoses and the later ones, I'm not really up to speed on all the intricate details of the earlier trucks. I'm more familiar with the later versions. On top of that, my current Bullnose plus the one I had years ago were both pretty plain single color trucks, so I'm not even really good with all of the trims and moldings, various 2 tone color packages, etc. On top of that, both trucks I've had (3, including the one I junked) were all small block V8's, so I have zero exposure to the big blocks or diesels, etc.

Since there are some fairly significant changes between the earlier Bullnoses and the later ones, I'm not really up to speed on all the intricate details of the earlier trucks. I'm more familiar with the later versions. On top of that, my current Bullnose plus the one I had years ago were both pretty plain single color trucks, so I'm not even really good with all of the trims and moldings, various 2 tone color packages, etc. On top of that, both trucks I've had (3, including the one I junked) were all small block V8's, so I have zero exposure to the big blocks or diesels, etc.

I was so excited to see the seats on this one, and VERY disappointed that there are covers on them and no photos without the cover!!!! UGHH... I suspect these seats had the very cool plaid inserts. Would love to see the condition of it!

1981explorerpattern.jpg.a994ad7f0b9dcc1361f4c46e9a42f1ea.jpg