Bullnose Forums

Thermactor System Part Numbers

Nathan - I looked it over, wondering why I hadn't already done this, and finally figured it out. There are two parts that aren't generic - the air pump and the valve. Said another way, the only way to find the part numbers for the pump and valve is by calibration code - and there are 713 of those. :nabble_smiley_cry:

So, if I had your calibration code I could get the part numbers. Or, if you don't have the calibration code give me the year, model, transmission, engine, carb, and anything else you can think of and I'll try to figure it out.

Nathan - I looked it over, wondering why I hadn't already done this, and finally figured it out. There are two parts that aren't generic - the air pump and the valve. Said another way, the only way to find the part numbers for the pump and valve is by calibration code - and there are 713 of those. :nabble_smiley_cry:

So, if I had your calibration code I could get the part numbers. Or, if you don't have the calibration code give me the year, model, transmission, engine, carb, and anything else you can think of and I'll try to figure it out.

Sounds like fun! :nabble_anim_crazy:

Are you referring to the calibration coffee on the PCM?

Gary, Nathan, of all the ones you could get into, 1985.5/1986 5.0L EFI is probably the biggest snake pit you could dive into. I know there are something on the order of 10 or more different EECs in that roughly 18 month span and that may be for each drivetrain combination. I discovered this gem on Matt's 86 F150. Hopefully the valve cover emission label or the one on the radiator support is still legible.

Bill - Right on! It is a quagmire.

Nathan - There was originally a label on the valve cover as show here: Documentation/Specifications/Calibration Codes. But if you have the info from the ECU I might be able to get there that way.

There was nothing left of the valve cover sticker and those are painted now. I'll have to check the core support stickers this weekend. Here's what I have from the ECU.

IMG_20190820_071008_1.jpg.9726d9bd377300fee42e93e62929f60e.jpg

There was nothing left of the valve cover sticker and those are painted now. I'll have to check the core support stickers this weekend. Here's what I have from the ECU.

ECU ID# E6TF 12A650-AAA cross references to PN E6TZ 12A650-AAA. And I find that ID# and PN used only once in calibration codes, but this one doesn't match your truck as this one's an F250.

Calibration_Part_List_493.thumb.jpg.c0349d86c633ab6979be14a12ced8d09.jpg

And these match the description of your truck, but don't use that ECU. I'm lost, but it looks to me like you may have the wrong ECU.

However, the reason we were trying to drain this swamp was to find the thermactor pump #, and all three of these use the same one. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Calibration_Part_List_492.thumb.jpg.693b083fd331f9b4b5d33b40c8f48525.jpg

Calibration_Part_List_494.thumb.jpg.5f2593eece4afdf40e399632d0e63875.jpg

ECU ID# E6TF 12A650-AAA cross references to PN E6TZ 12A650-AAA. And I find that ID# and PN used only once in calibration codes, but this one doesn't match your truck as this one's an F250.

And these match the description of your truck, but don't use that ECU. I'm lost, but it looks to me like you may have the wrong ECU.

However, the reason we were trying to drain this swamp was to find the thermactor pump #, and all three of these use the same one. :nabble_smiley_happy:

That's interesting.....Must have been swapped at some point before I bought it.

Thank you! What about the rest of the thermactor system? There are a couple hoses and the hard pipe that runs on the passenger side that I can't find. Was hoping with part numbers I might be lucky.

That's interesting.....Must have been swapped at some point before I bought it.

Thank you! What about the rest of the thermactor system? There are a couple hoses and the hard pipe that runs on the passenger side that I can't find. Was hoping with part numbers I might be lucky.

See what you think of this: Documentation/Emissions/Thermactor Systems and then the Part Numbers tab.