Bullnose Forums

Replaced My Instrument Bulbs With LED's

emunder

These are the ones I bought (sorry Rembrant just realized this is the same link you posted). They are not too bright at night IMO & they will dim using the headlight switch.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/80-86-Ford-F100-F150-F250-F350-Truck-Gauge-Cluster-LED-Dash-Kit-Ice-Blue/273534768705?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Oh one thing to note...when you pull the instrument cluster there are blue plastic covers inside that shield the stock bulbs, I pulled those out. When I left them in the new LED's were too dim IMO. Took them out and it looks great. Not sure if this is the same for all the trucks but wanted to throw that out there.

they will dim using the headlight switch.

This is good to know, I think I will have to pick some of that brand up myself.

noticed he had other colors but nothing pops like that Ice Blue. I am glad he has pictures of what they look like installed and on.

These are the ones I bought (sorry Rembrant just realized this is the same link you posted).

I got the link/recommendation from you in the first place, so I have to give all of the credit to you for finding them in the first place.:nabble_anim_handshake:

Lol...thx man.

noticed he had other colors but nothing pops like that Ice Blue. I am glad he has pictures of what they look like installed and on.

I thought the green ones looked pretty cool too. Maybe a tad bright but probably look pretty cool dimming them down just a hair.

Capture.jpg.2134732e76049585e4f620f130883308.jpg

I thought the green ones looked pretty cool too. Maybe a tad bright but probably look pretty cool dimming them down just a hair.

Maybe Ill get both and test them out. But I think that Ice blue looks pretty crisp, and you get the nice orange needles as well because it has just enough white light to it.

I have some white 194 LEDs laying around, I could also try those with the stock teal filters.

Maybe Ill get both and test them out. But I think that Ice blue looks pretty crisp, and you get the nice orange needles as well because it has just enough white light to it.

I have some white 194 LEDs laying around, I could also try those with the stock teal filters.

I'm sure you are aware of this, but if you try to take comparison pics of the different lighting you'll have to put your camera into manual mode and use the same shutter and aperture settings for all pics. Otherwise the camera will adjust the settings and try to make them all come out at the same brightness.

The way I've done it is to take a gauge cluster into a dark room with the camera on a tripod. Power the cluster will 14v and take one pic on Automatic. Find the shutter and aperture settings in the picture's metadata and then dial that in on Manual mode and take the remaining pics.