Bullnose Forum

The best logging Truck???

Ray Cecil

I think we need more info. When you go to get a log do you have to load it yourself? How many do you get at one time? How long are the logs?

My first thought was a ramp truck would be good, but if you have to load them yourself you are going to need a winch. And then, once that log is loaded you'll need a way to lash it down while you load the next one. And then lash it down.

But a trailer might be better as it would be longer - if you had a way to get the front end of the log up to start onto the trailer.

I think we need more info. When you go to get a log do you have to load it yourself? How many do you get at one time? How long are the logs?

My first thought was a ramp truck would be good, but if you have to load them yourself you are going to need a winch. And then, once that log is loaded you'll need a way to lash it down while you load the next one. And then lash it down.

But a trailer might be better as it would be longer - if you had a way to get the front end of the log up to start onto the trailer.

My vote is for medium duty flatbed with a crane. Like this:

(It's cheaper than most bullnose trucks)

https://www.ebay.com/i/333308749607?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=333308749607&targetid=475515145341&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9011519&poi=&campaignid=6469981122&mkgroupid=79220336802&rlsatarget=pla-475515145341&abcId=1141176&merchantid=101740664&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqt-LtqbP5QIVEGyGCh0mJQKVEAQYAiABEgI9HfD_BwE

Well, right now Ive been cutting logs and winching. Im trying to get in with a tree service that will let me take logs as they cut.

Most tree services can load a trailer or a ramp truck.

Maybe the 99 silverado and the new trailer would be good enough for a little while.

Go big or stay home...

But seriously, I would think an F350 with a good trailer and as Gary asked how will you load and unload it.

Edit: Gas or diesel, either would be my choice, depending on what I found.

Yes, I am leaning towards an F350 and a larger trailer. Id love to have a 4x4 F600 or F700, but dang, those suckers look difficult and unfamiliar to work on. Id be into a whole new world wrenching on those. An F350 is new enough for me. And Ive never owned a diesel, so if I do that....id be learning something.

Yes, I am leaning towards an F350 and a larger trailer. Id love to have a 4x4 F600 or F700, but dang, those suckers look difficult and unfamiliar to work on. Id be into a whole new world wrenching on those. An F350 is new enough for me. And Ive never owned a diesel, so if I do that....id be learning something.

Screenshot_20191103-211613_Facebook.thumb.jpg.5b4c68c47402f398dcc4b517dc52403c.jpg

Whats the tow cap on this bad boy?

300 six, 4 speed, F250 4x4.

Well, right now Ive been cutting logs and winching. Im trying to get in with a tree service that will let me take logs as they cut.

Most tree services can load a trailer or a ramp truck.

Maybe the 99 silverado and the new trailer would be good enough for a little while.

I think the trailer would be a very good start. And the Silverado would probably tow it just fine.

Does your new trailer have brakes?