Bullnose Forums

Grilles - Do they follow trim type?

ckuske

My 83 stop has its original argent grill. It is also an XL. Purists may scoff but I really wanted a black grill so I painted mine. I had my reasons and I'm happy with it. Do what you want with your grille choice. Just make sure you black out the edge of the surround trim that covers the space below the closed hood. The factory did this and it makes a big visual difference.

That is one super fine looking truck. I’m in two minds about the top straight edge trim, but on your truck it sure does a great job of demarcating and highlighting the white section, which in turns highlights the lines of these trucks.

Simple understated beauty.

My 83 stop has its original argent grill. It is also an XL. Purists may scoff but I really wanted a black grill so I painted mine. I had my reasons and I'm happy with it. Do what you want with your grille choice. Just make sure you black out the edge of the surround trim that covers the space below the closed hood. The factory did this and it makes a big visual difference.

Thanks for the feedback! Your truck looks great, I'm leaning towards argent. Good tip about the surround as well.