Bullnose Forum

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

If you take a look at the paint chip brochures in the literature section, you'll see that from 1980-1983 white was referred to as "Wimbledon" White. We do not seem to have the factory paint chip brochures for 84-85, and the PPE booklet sections in their place just say white on three different strips. Then in the 1986 brochure, it's called "Colonial" White. So at some point between 83 and 86, Ford changed the name to Colonial White, even though it's pretty much the same "off" shade of white (Polar Bear, Eggshell, etc). 

I much prefer the 1992?-2024 "Oxford White" and apparently Ford does too since they still use it to this day. It's more of a pure white but still has a darkness to it compared to some other bright white paints. 

Edited by salans7

1 hour ago, Gary Lewis said:

:nabble_anim_confused:  On the page at Library/Adverts & Brochures we have all the F-Series Bullnose brochures, as shown below.

F-SeriesBrochures.thumb.jpg.7e86c645af00a3203af5c0560a7cc565.jpg

I was referring to the color brochures that have small paint squares showing the colors available. 84-85 are just rips from the PPG catalogs I used to browse when I was a kid. All the other years have a little booklet from Ford. 

I've been shaping the cab for the 83 f100 "lefty", i got the seam sealer done today and ran the vacuum all overe the cap and then the floor. tommorow i will be able to wipe down with pre -prep and then mask. hoping to be able to spray the epoxy in the next day or two.

• Like 1