Bullnose Forum

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

The past few nights were spent on the F350, taking care of a few loose ends. 

I had some extra emblem holes in the fenders since they came from an 86 and had the "4x2" emblems under the "F250". I'm running 1980-1981 "Ranger F350" emblems, so the holes were in the wrong spots and too large. I welded four on one fender and five on the other and then drilled the holes in the correct (to me) spots on the fender for the 80-81 emblems. I've seen tons of 80-81 trucks with the fender emblems in different spots, including in my 1980 brochure. It seems Ford didn't even know where to put them, but I like where they were on my F150 and that's where they are on my F350. 

Last night was dedicated to the radiator support. Somebody had gotten hungry at some point and removed a small section of the support where the inner fender liner mounts. I had originally riveted a repair in, but preferred for it to be welded, so now it's nice and solid. I then drilled the holes for the liner's u-nut. My next project on the radiator support is to convert it to the 85+ style so I have a better choice of radiator. I used  to have a spare radiator support that had the mounts on it, but somebody tossed it for scrap before I realized I needed parts from it. 😢

Before Jim says it, PROGRESS!  :nabble_anim_claps:

I don't think anyone really knows where the emblems are supposed to go.  So it is good that you are placing them where you want them.

On the radiator support, I'd forgotten about the change.  I need to see if I upgraded to a later support for Dad's truck.  If not I might just both the brackets on as I don't want to weld on a painted support.