Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

oil pan gasket in situ is no fun.  as to the rear tank. mostly just the guage sender unless it's rusted above the fuel level allowing it to suck air. are you certain gas is in that tank? DONT FILL IT TIL CERTAIN just five gallons. dropping a full tank is a pain. and draining it is too. 

17 minutes ago, mat in tn said:

oil pan gasket in situ is no fun.  as to the rear tank. mostly just the guage sender unless it's rusted above the fuel level allowing it to suck air. are you certain gas is in that tank? DONT FILL IT TIL CERTAIN just five gallons. dropping a full tank is a pain. and draining it is too. 

Im certain there's gas in the tank, tested with about a gallon of gas and then switching over to the rear, it will end up dropping down to empty within 5 mins or so of driving.

So its either a leak or the gauge sender like you are suggesting

1 hour ago, mat in tn said:

it seems that you are liking it. you are getting to a lot of it and rather quickly. that is great. and the more success you have, the more you enjoy it. make it your own!

Yeah, racing the weather. Want it in a dependable (useable) state in short order. Up by me we typically get our first snow mid to late October and it doesn't let up until May.

And, unfortunately, this rig is just a little too wide (I'll have ~4" to spare with the mirrors folded in) for me to get into my garage, I am going to have to drive it a lot more to get the dimensions figured out before then. Until then it's all outside.