Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Nice when a plan comes together! :nabble_smiley_good:

Well, we're not where we wanted to be with Brutus, but the town sent us a letter telling us we have to get rid of the junk vehicles. Same ole story, same ole song and dance. They go under the carport, then after a few months, they go back under the tree. Think i'm going ot build a privacy fence. Anyway, while pushing the parts truck, we had a little boo boo with Brutus, so we have a little more bondo work to do, but i'm looking at it like this. He got legal again on fiday, and we did drive it around the neighborhood, so technically its on the road again and already got its first dent. so hopefully that Karma is out of the way.

Other then that, so far, so good, have to finish up the stripes and take care of some odds and ends and we will start using it again.

DSCN0906.jpg.10e592cf0a6926fff4ae98be0d1b7a7c.jpg

20201003_181312.jpg.d7a8be77fd0fcf222e639abc2a998898.jpg

DSCN0875.jpg.5ac11c9e459105b9e7907fcd25cf2eb3.jpg

Well, we're not where we wanted to be with Brutus, but the town sent us a letter telling us we have to get rid of the junk vehicles. Same ole story, same ole song and dance. They go under the carport, then after a few months, they go back under the tree. Think i'm going ot build a privacy fence. Anyway, while pushing the parts truck, we had a little boo boo with Brutus, so we have a little more bondo work to do, but i'm looking at it like this. He got legal again on fiday, and we did drive it around the neighborhood, so technically its on the road again and already got its first dent. so hopefully that Karma is out of the way.

Other then that, so far, so good, have to finish up the stripes and take care of some odds and ends and we will start using it again.

Shaun - I've never tried hammering a socket on a broken bolt. Cool!

George - Sorry about the letter and the boo boo. But at least Brutus is on the road. :nabble_smiley_good:

It's the :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: in me I guess. Mind you I had already ground down two alternating sides in order to try and get a bite with a wrench and the vice grips. So I think that's why the socket worked so well, as it had corners to bite on.

It's the :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: in me I guess. Mind you I had already ground down two alternating sides in order to try and get a bite with a wrench and the vice grips. So I think that's why the socket worked so well, as it had corners to bite on.

I'll have to remember that one as well. Cutting a slot with the dremel and using a screwdriver (usually with heat also) works in some cases but I could see this allowing you to get more torque on it as well as surface contact :nabble_smiley_good:

I'll have to remember that one as well. Cutting a slot with the dremel and using a screwdriver (usually with heat also) works in some cases but I could see this allowing you to get more torque on it as well as surface contact :nabble_smiley_good:

I had to do that to get the pin out to release the axles on Brutus. I ended up having to heat it up and bang a 8mm socket onto it and it came right out thankfully

Simi Complete my M5OD Swap.

Hi All,

Have not posted in a while. Thanks to George I have seatbelts now and can drive legally to shake this truck out more.

I was having issues on the first start of the day. Then it would start right up. I discovered the choke was locked in the open position and the adjuster just spun. I set it to closed and locked down the choke cover.

Started right up after. This choke just seems to have the copper coil from the manifold to the choke to open it up as it gets warm. The choke was full open about when the water temp reached 180. There is no electrical assist to it. There was no line on the choke cap to line up with the other lines on the housing.

Anyone using a manual choke? I had an old international pickup and I loved pulling that knob out.

Attaching some pics. I know I have the oil cap hose going to the right place on the cleaner.

And the one from the heat flap is correct. Is the other one obsolete now that I have eliminated the computer system? And I assumed the PCV valve hosed went to to the matching open ports on the air cleaner?

In some pics I have seen it looks like one of those might go to vacuum on the carb or vacuum tree?

Also I bought the air cleaner hose that goes to the fresh air hole behind the grill. I can make it fit and shove it through the rectangular hole but I think I am missing a plastic housing that goes next to radiator.

One more thing is the air cleaner has a down spout where a flexible hose looks like it should connect to somwhere on the manifold but there is nothing. Maybe because the previous owner put the dual exhaust manifold on the engine?

Sorry for the long post!

Thanks,

Josh

IMG_0013.jpg.558095989bf9b7c1b525498306b50f84.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg.8749162dfb76c77f525deaeb69002ab7.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg.5645bf809448179436dfc4d2cef680c9.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg.75204ace71138f0dbb3b305895031a62.jpg

I was having issues on the first start of the day. Then it would start right up. I discovered the choke was locked in the open position and the adjuster just spun. I set it to closed and locked down the choke cover.

Started right up after. This choke just seems to have the copper coil from the manifold to the choke to open it up as it gets warm. The choke was full open about when the water temp reached 180. There is no electrical assist to it. There was no line on the choke cap to line up with the other lines on the housing.

Anyone using a manual choke? I had an old international pickup and I loved pulling that knob out.

One like this will work fine and can be bought at most parts stores.

https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-HELP-55101-Choke-Conversion/dp/B000CO7CK0?dchild=1

One like this will work fine and can be bought at most parts stores.

https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-HELP-55101-Choke-Conversion/dp/B000CO7CK0?dchild=1

Thanks for that! I may just do that for the "nostalgia" aspect. The current one seems to be working correctly though.

Thanks for that! I may just do that for the "nostalgia" aspect. The current one seems to be working correctly though.

Check with Matthew [Dorsai] regarding the cold air intake hose adapter which attaches the hose to the radiator support. He obtained one and has good photos of his extremely original 6 cylinder engine and truck.