Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

That trick would have been nice to know many years ago. I went to see Dad and the rear bumper on his truck was twisted. We never did figure out a way to fix it.

As for the tool, that looks like something Jack The Ripper would use! Does it pry on the trim or the retainer?

I took in a last minute car show today about 60 miles away. And, by last minute, I mean that I only decided at 8pm last night that I was going to go, so I also just started cleaning my truck at 8pm last night...lol. Truth be told, I saw a post on FB last night where another Flareside owner posted a pic and told everybody to get their trucks out this weekend, so I suddenly felt compelled...or obligated?...to go...lol. In any case, it was fun, and I'm glad that I did. The weather was fantastic...and I even got a bit of a sunburn on my face from sitting around in my lawn chair.

IMG_2616.jpg.8e48c66e39e608e0a709dc32ebabf801.jpg

IMG_2629.jpg.ddafcdc7d1d9c73857678dc4c2c9d25a.jpg

IMG_2625.jpg.d46f51500343fd45ed6587c2d3bdd66f.jpg

Couple other Bullnoses spotted there as well. A two tone brown '85, and a blue '81.

IMG_2622.jpg.02446657d66520c9a85a1c57f0f20351.jpg

IMG_2624.jpg.090774886346f06e8012274b25398b9b.jpg

The Bullnose is kind of stuck in a weird classic area. I overhear people all the time saying that they don't like the 80's and 90's stuff and don't consider them classics...like the 70's stuff and older. Is it because they're "new" classics?...Or is it part of a bigger thing where somebody just hates 80's music, 80's style, and 80's vehicles?>..lol.

I guess what I'm getting at is that people seem to love 'em or walk right by 'em. Very little in between, ya know? I'll watch 50 people walk by without even noticing it....and then one or two guys will show up and be all over it, asking a thousand questions, etc. The middle people...once in a while someone will casually say "nice truck", but they barely even know what decade it's from. It seems like the people that love Bullnoses really love them, and everybody else doesn't even notice them.

Anyway, I had a great day, and talked to some lovely Ford fanatics. I sure is fun getting right into the nitty gritty details, or to have a conversation with somebody remembering a similar truck from 35 years ago. One older fella stopped by today and loved the truck. He said he had taken an identical one for a test drive in 1984, and although he didn't buy it, he always wished that he had. Really fun talking to those guys.

I took in a last minute car show today about 60 miles away. And, by last minute, I mean that I only decided at 8pm last night that I was going to go, so I also just started cleaning my truck at 8pm last night...lol. Truth be told, I saw a post on FB last night where another Flareside owner posted a pic and told everybody to get their trucks out this weekend, so I suddenly felt compelled...or obligated?...to go...lol. In any case, it was fun, and I'm glad that I did. The weather was fantastic...and I even got a bit of a sunburn on my face from sitting around in my lawn chair.

Couple other Bullnoses spotted there as well. A two tone brown '85, and a blue '81.

The Bullnose is kind of stuck in a weird classic area. I overhear people all the time saying that they don't like the 80's and 90's stuff and don't consider them classics...like the 70's stuff and older. Is it because they're "new" classics?...Or is it part of a bigger thing where somebody just hates 80's music, 80's style, and 80's vehicles?>..lol.

I guess what I'm getting at is that people seem to love 'em or walk right by 'em. Very little in between, ya know? I'll watch 50 people walk by without even noticing it....and then one or two guys will show up and be all over it, asking a thousand questions, etc. The middle people...once in a while someone will casually say "nice truck", but they barely even know what decade it's from. It seems like the people that love Bullnoses really love them, and everybody else doesn't even notice them.

Anyway, I had a great day, and talked to some lovely Ford fanatics. I sure is fun getting right into the nitty gritty details, or to have a conversation with somebody remembering a similar truck from 35 years ago. One older fella stopped by today and loved the truck. He said he had taken an identical one for a test drive in 1984, and although he didn't buy it, he always wished that he had. Really fun talking to those guys.

Bill - That's a cool project! Wow, that looks involved!

A '39 Chevy? Did it have the weird gear shift with a little linkage and a big linkage? The little one determined whether the big one was in the 1st/2nd pattern or the reverse/3rd pattern, and on some cars was controlled by vacuum.

High school friends and I made a '37 Chevy panel truck into a dune buggy and it had that tranny. Man, that thing was a pain!

Cory - You are making me jealous! Today would have been the day for the show, and I sure miss it. :nabble_smiley_cry:

But the Blue Mule looks great there. :nabble_smiley_good: And I agree about the Bullnose trucks. Most people don't know that there's a big difference between '86 and '87, and then again later. They don't see the rounded wheel well openings, the Euro look headlights, etc. So even the Bullnose trucks are thought to be "new". :nabble_anim_confused:

To me they are the last of the classics. Yes, they are modernized compared to the Bumps and Dents, but they are still more truck like than the later ones.

Yeah, looks great Cory, both the show and your truck! Jealous here too...

Josh, i dont have a torx bit to fit the bolt. I soaked them in wd40 all night and will try to get them out with a vice grip. I've done it before, but if you have any better ideas, let me know
Yikes. Thanks for trying so hard. I am happy to pay for the right bit if the vice grips don't work. 

Josh 

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020, 10:10 AM 86 1/2 Brutus [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Looks great, Angelo! When is it going in?

Sooner than later I hope!!

All clip release procedure is the same on all of them, the bottom trim strip has plastic lugs on it that hooks onto the clip, the clips just pull off, they are pushed onto a peg/stud....count on replacing all the clips if the windshield has been in for a long time. (edited) the bottom clips are different from top & sides

There are 4 on each side,

8 or 9 on top and bottom. Hope this helps for someone that needs to remove the trim.

I'm in process of ordering from NPD, seems they have a good price and I will let you know what they look like when I get them.

IMG_20200921_151427509.jpg.fafeb9670aa1bf7c0def483376acbe47.jpg

IMG_20200921_151158631.jpg.fd9affde5d6f512a55ed48830e748187.jpg

IMG_20200921_151731426.jpg.2a28bd6e21a94174a02ad31e4861afaa.jpg

All clip release procedure is the same on all of them, the bottom trim strip has plastic lugs on it that hooks onto the clip, the clips just pull off, they are pushed onto a peg/stud....count on replacing all the clips if the windshield has been in for a long time. (edited) the bottom clips are different from top & sides

There are 4 on each side,

8 or 9 on top and bottom. Hope this helps for someone that needs to remove the trim.

I'm in process of ordering from NPD, seems they have a good price and I will let you know what they look like when I get them.

I replaced the driver side mirror on my truck. The top end cap had been broken by a limb falling out of a tree. Sadly New_Tires_005.jpg.21e44a9436205b9044f41bbc5468103a.jpgNew_Tires_003.jpg.9d1a397581c37b23696512a0c119b27c.jpgSure Plus Mfg., the company that made these mirrors is shutting down and will stop taking orders on 9/30 and will close down completely on 10/30/2020. They made quality mirrors for many applications both universal and OEM replacement including the only replacements that I have seen for the early Ford truck 6x9 side mirrors. I never ordered them but they looked to me to be identical to the original OEM factory Ford mirrors. Also, I got two new tires and had my factory wagon wheels installed. The new tires are 235/75-15 Firestone Destination A/T2's. New_Tires_002.jpg.4ef6a975ce2b194797e766b23d852f0d.jpgWhen I get the funds together the front tires will be replaced as well with these Firestone A/T2's. One of these days I'll get around to fixing the rust.

I replaced the driver side mirror on my truck. The top end cap had been broken by a limb falling out of a tree. Sadly Sure Plus Mfg., the company that made these mirrors is shutting down and will stop taking orders on 9/30 and will close down completely on 10/30/2020. They made quality mirrors for many applications both universal and OEM replacement including the only replacements that I have seen for the early Ford truck 6x9 side mirrors. I never ordered them but they looked to me to be identical to the original OEM factory Ford mirrors. Also, I got two new tires and had my factory wagon wheels installed. The new tires are 235/75-15 Firestone Destination A/T2's. When I get the funds together the front tires will be replaced as well with these Firestone A/T2's. One of these days I'll get around to fixing the rust.

Finally got the tailgate and everything done. Brutus has to go back on the road by this coming weekend, ur crown vic is nearly dead

DSCN0869.jpg.1889e491ad3e5d5e3f5e17da54214e12.jpg

DSCN0872.jpg.22c33f968fe0c208627faecfcf5074f7.jpg