Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Great! Thanks so much.

Today I put in a new voltage regulator and timed my truck with a vacuum guage as I am not positive about the timing mark I made. Have not driven it yet but it sounds good.

Also test fitted my new instrument panel from eBay.

The timing gauge I have also reads voltage and it was 14.2 now instead of 13.6. I have not retested it with the multimeter yet.

I also did the parasitic battery test and found no draw. I am thinking it's in that ignition switch. Since I have been careful about the key position when shut off my battery has stayed charged .

Progress.

PXL_20200917_184630637.jpg.91bc96e06aa5cce399983ca10e2aae6b.jpg

Today I put in a new voltage regulator and timed my truck with a vacuum guage as I am not positive about the timing mark I made. Have not driven it yet but it sounds good.

Also test fitted my new instrument panel from eBay.

The timing gauge I have also reads voltage and it was 14.2 now instead of 13.6. I have not retested it with the multimeter yet.

I also did the parasitic battery test and found no draw. I am thinking it's in that ignition switch. Since I have been careful about the key position when shut off my battery has stayed charged .

Progress.

good deal, i had that same issue some years ago with Brutus, the ignition switch was sticky and drove me crazy for some time before i figured out what the issue was, i ended up disconnecting my positive cable whenever the truck wasnt being used.

good deal, i had that same issue some years ago with Brutus, the ignition switch was sticky and drove me crazy for some time before i figured out what the issue was, i ended up disconnecting my positive cable whenever the truck wasnt being used.

Yes, that is progress. And, as Jim says, progress is good!

The ignition switch is a tricky device in that it has several switches inside, all controlled by the same mechanical connection. But they don't always make and break at the same time, so sometimes you can have the ignition on and not have other circuits on, like the turn signals and radio. Big Blue does that.

So it stands to reason you could have some off but not all of them off.

Yes, that is progress. And, as Jim says, progress is good!

The ignition switch is a tricky device in that it has several switches inside, all controlled by the same mechanical connection. But they don't always make and break at the same time, so sometimes you can have the ignition on and not have other circuits on, like the turn signals and radio. Big Blue does that.

So it stands to reason you could have some off but not all of them off.

Little mockup...shes almost ready...

20200917_222505.jpg.63e779e7304c82161750676c791bf760.jpg