Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Yep I want to run the 93 ethanol free fuel once I move in all my vehicles just to get away from the ethanol but the only station close that sells it, the ethanol free 93 is pushing $2.90 a gallon which I just don't want to pay.

Nice thing is with the sniper I can go into the setting and select E85 and run my '82 on E85. I bet that would cause a bunch of shocked looks seeing a old truck being pumped full of E85 lol.

I just accepted fuel was expensive and just drove it less. At the time when I was routinely filling up the 70, it was $3.50 something a gallon and was about $50 to a tank.

I just accepted fuel was expensive and just drove it less. At the time when I was routinely filling up the 70, it was $3.50 something a gallon and was about $50 to a tank.

I cant do that as my F150 is the newest vehicle I own and will be my daily driver. I have no desire to buy a new truck as they are too expensive and they have too many problems.

I rather stick with my truck as I have already made upgrades over the years and fixed problemed areas to be more bullet proof.

I cant do that as my F150 is the newest vehicle I own and will be my daily driver. I have no desire to buy a new truck as they are too expensive and they have too many problems.

I rather stick with my truck as I have already made upgrades over the years and fixed problemed areas to be more bullet proof.

I had two operating ones at the time, my 300-6 powered truck and that behemoth of a machine, so if I took it out a couple times a week I was alright, as I would alternate depending on what I was doing.

I had two operating ones at the time, my 300-6 powered truck and that behemoth of a machine, so if I took it out a couple times a week I was alright, as I would alternate depending on what I was doing.

I used to drive my '78 Cougar daily but I parked her as the roof started leaking water due to rot from the vinyl top. Now its real bad and I don't know how much it will cost to chop the rust out and weld in new sheet metal. I do plan to restore her like new. That car was great and got great mileage but for now my truck is what I depend on and shes been parked for 2 years now which means I will have to throw a new master cylinder on and new calipers and wheel cylinders after I get the engine done.

Death wheel? Meaning a cutoff wheel?

Yep. That's the term Mike Finnegan (from "Roadkill") uses. I like it so I adopted it.

I like the foam idea. And I'm sure you know there are at least two varieties - low expansion and lotsa expansion. The former is more dense and harder to cut out due to having fewer bubbles. The latter makes a bigger mess but is easier to get out.

There's also 'Pest Block' foam in the green can.

It's supposed to prevent vermin from gnawing or burrowing into it.

Not as good as my personal idea of using cyanide in the blowing agent to kill them at first nibble, but it will have to do....

Definitely looking for one that says it repels mice. And I'd prefer repelling them to killing them. Not that I'm that big of a tree-hugger, but if each one that it kills chews a little bit away, eventually there's a pile of dead mice in the woods and a hole through the foam for the rest to get through.

And if that gives me much choice I think I'd prefer lotsa expansion since I'll have some pretty big holes to fill. But the mouse repellent is the main thing.

I used to drive my '78 Cougar daily but I parked her as the roof started leaking water due to rot from the vinyl top. Now its real bad and I don't know how much it will cost to chop the rust out and weld in new sheet metal. I do plan to restore her like new. That car was great and got great mileage but for now my truck is what I depend on and shes been parked for 2 years now which means I will have to throw a new master cylinder on and new calipers and wheel cylinders after I get the engine done.

Well still no reply from Magnaflow on their 85-95 Y pipe with converter by a part number of 93307. I also sent one to Jeffs Bronco Graveyard as he has the same one for sale. Until then I got a line on a 93307 purchased by a individual for his bronco that he sold and now hes selling this new in the box 93307. Photos of it in the box he opened up for the photos shows the old style with a traditional Y merge.

I just don't know if it doesn't fit right or there is a problem I cant exactly return it and magnaflow cant make it right from what I keep hearing conflicting information on as some are saying that since 2008 they used a precat. But yet I have seen photos on bronco sites with installs back in 2012 and 2013 showing the same pipe without precats but there are also photos from 2012 showing with precats.

Just sucks cause I can buy it from Jeffs right now for $350 and hope its right otherwise send it back due to misrepresentation of the photo, or I can buy what I can see is without a precat for $288 with shipping and hope it fits when I get to that point.

Another problem is some are citing the inlet for the Y pipe is 2" but yet the OE should be 2 1/4". Then I see the outlet is 2 1/4" after the cat while some saying the inlet of the cat is 2 1/2" making the Y pipe at the cat 2 1/2" and others saying its 2 1/4" all the way. That also sucks cause OE should be 2 1/2" after the merger as the OE replacement muffler is 2 1/2" inlet with a 2 1/4" outlet.

Hope I can get information on this straightened out as I can start buying some more parts for my build.

On my emission decal I made no progress on it tonight, I forgone working on the decal in photoshop in an effort to try and find out information on this Y pipe I want to get for my truck as I hate the split non mandrel bent jegs off road Y pipe that has to have a clamp under the motor to join the pipes. I also would like to run stainless steel pipes as well. If I get the Y pipe from Magnaflow without pre cat I can install it as my stainless first stage of exhaust system. Pick up some 2 1/2" stainless steel straight pipe to replace the converter that comes with the kit with a 2 1/4" reducer in stainless to my magnaflow XL 3 chamber muffler. Only thing id have to get made in stainless then would be just the tail pipe then.

I filled my old Bullnose up today! Finally used up the first full tank of fuel this season. Obviously I haven't been driving it much, because I last filled it on March 21st, but today it took 12.68 gallons to fill, and it had traveled 203 miles. That's a clean 16 MPG. I'm pretty happy with that considering that included a lot of starts and warm-ups, a lot of driving around the city and a lot of 1:1 (4th gear).

I'm hoping it'll get back up around 18 or 18+ on the highway if I can get a run in with a lot of time in 5th.

Still, not bad for a little warmed up 302 that made 300HP on the dyno.

TGIF Bullnosers!

I filled my old Bullnose up today! Finally used up the first full tank of fuel this season. Obviously I haven't been driving it much, because I last filled it on March 21st, but today it took 12.68 gallons to fill, and it had traveled 203 miles. That's a clean 16 MPG. I'm pretty happy with that considering that included a lot of starts and warm-ups, a lot of driving around the city and a lot of 1:1 (4th gear).

I'm hoping it'll get back up around 18 or 18+ on the highway if I can get a run in with a lot of time in 5th.

Still, not bad for a little warmed up 302 that made 300HP on the dyno.

TGIF Bullnosers!

That's excellent mileage for those conditions, Cory. Well done! I'd bet 18 is easily within reach when you put it on the highway and get to settle into 5th.

That's excellent mileage for those conditions, Cory. Well done! I'd bet 18 is easily within reach when you put it on the highway and get to settle into 5th.

Gary, I just remembered that I was also driving around for a while with the vacuum advance disconnected, but I don't remember exactly when or for how long. In any case, I'm hoping to get some good running on it to re-check the highway MPG. 16 around town is decent though, I'm happy with that.

Gary, I just remembered that I was also driving around for a while with the vacuum advance disconnected, but I don't remember exactly when or for how long. In any case, I'm hoping to get some good running on it to re-check the highway MPG. 16 around town is decent though, I'm happy with that.

The vacuum advance makes a huge difference on MPG. :nabble_smiley_good: