Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I bought myself a little birthday gift and mounted it on the truck this morning.

I am waiting on my big birthday gift but with this virus thing I don't know when it will get here :nabble_anim_confused:

Dave ----

Im looking at getting this gold colored "Built not bought" decal for my back window when I finish my '82.

Built_not_Bought.thumb.jpg.62f8bd15b17da10bfb1ca9c737d42a37.jpg

Im also looking at maybe doing one of the following decals.

I really am thinking "Slow Poke Rodriguez" would be quite fitting for the "stock" theme I am going for my '82 even though she will be far from stock.

s-l500.jpg.f783817b53c1dc67cdf16c081c4037f6.jpg

Speedy Gonzales was another option but I am not too sure.

s-l1600.thumb.png.ef3248fb0add8ae0a243e19734ea1aab.png

Its just like I would love to get the Ford Racing badge but it wouldn't fit perfectly below the 150 in my F150 emblems and I think it would look out of place.M-16098-PBFP.jpg.31f8a7ec22b32d607b57c9388461d879.jpg

Aside from all that, I got my wire in today with the mail. It is some high quality stuff cant believe how cheap it was for how much I got. Goes to show you, bulk buying is better than picking up from your local auto part stores.

I bought myself a little birthday gift and mounted it on the truck this morning.

I am waiting on my big birthday gift but with this virus thing I don't know when it will get here :nabble_anim_confused:

Dave ----

Maybe we need to have a Bullnose Forum sticker. Could says something about built not bought.

Perhaps we need a contest, and then find someone that can make it?

Looking at photos it appears Ford and Chevrolet used the same 6 pin connector at the fuel tank selector valve. If you pick up a AC delco selector valve for a 87 I believe it is dual tank truck those selector valves have a decal on them saying they are 60 PSI rated.

That was a option I was looking at incase I added a rear tank on my 82 to extend the range but I think a single 16 gallon tank with fuel injection should get better range than I did with a 2V carb.

Also I know, shouldn't have GM parts on a Ford but in some cases its the best option. I could get a holley fuel filter/regulator for my FI setup but that's $120 and you have to rebuild the regulator from time to time while a 2000 - 04 Corvette fuel filter/regulator for $60 has a new regulator every time you replace the filter.

So you wont be on your 4th filter change then your truck leave you stranded cause the regulator needs to be rebuilt.

All I am doing is waiting for the bulk SXL CrossLink wire I bought for my auxiliary fuse box to be delivered. Was out for delivery yesterday but then I check tracking today and usps says its ready for pick up at 3pm yesterday. I feel this might be another screw up on the guy like with my last package that was scanned delivered but I never got it and I got it the next day. So I have the fun time of waiting till 1pm getting slowly more pissed off waiting for my package to arrive then if it doesn't then I get to get even more pissed off driving to the post office to pick up what was out on the truck yesterday to be delivered but now too lazy to do their damn government job today.

@Gary/Rusty

I believe we are going to remove the selector valve and run T's/check valves. Dad explained it to me the other night but I had a couple wobble pops and can't quite remember how. I know he did order those Aermotive pumps from Jegs...did not know both Jegs and Summit Racing price match. I don't believe he is running a return from the throttle body, but returning to the tank via check valves.

He's going to replace the in tank low pressure pumps with those, run a 10 micron filter and plumb it all with -6an. We looked an Walbro pumps as well.

We do have an issue running the front tank when it gets low, I do think there are subtle changes in the tanks between 86 and 87 in where the sump of the tank is, it starves when sucks air when its low. The rear tank has no issue. So we have to check the hanger assembly for differences between the standard sending unit we removed that was original.

Replaced plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil and TFI!, runs better but still having issues staying running! Thought I had it!

Tried to take a better picture with my ten year old digital camera rather than my phone, but dull white is a hard color to photograph in the sunlight.

DSCN2128_(2).jpg.2fbc9ce24f9b2cdca45a6c3ea6a8b2e8.jpg

Tried to take a better picture with my ten year old digital camera rather than my phone, but dull white is a hard color to photograph in the sunlight.

Angelo - I think I understand. Hope it works out well for you. Keep us posted and please document what you do and how it works.

Greg - You are peeling an onion, and you've just eliminated several possible issues. Keep going and soon you'll have a Bloomin' Onion soon.

Shaun - That think looks like it is on stilts! Mine is settling down now that it has an engine, tranny, and a couple of batteries.

@Gary/Rusty

I believe we are going to remove the selector valve and run T's/check valves. Dad explained it to me the other night but I had a couple wobble pops and can't quite remember how. I know he did order those Aermotive pumps from Jegs...did not know both Jegs and Summit Racing price match. I don't believe he is running a return from the throttle body, but returning to the tank via check valves.

He's going to replace the in tank low pressure pumps with those, run a 10 micron filter and plumb it all with -6an. We looked an Walbro pumps as well.

We do have an issue running the front tank when it gets low, I do think there are subtle changes in the tanks between 86 and 87 in where the sump of the tank is, it starves when sucks air when its low. The rear tank has no issue. So we have to check the hanger assembly for differences between the standard sending unit we removed that was original.

That works too. I wont be running a return at the engine cause the Sniper Stealth has two inlets the return has to be mounted else where. So I am doing a return at the fuel tank itself.

Angelo - I think I understand. Hope it works out well for you. Keep us posted and please document what you do and how it works.

Greg - You are peeling an onion, and you've just eliminated several possible issues. Keep going and soon you'll have a Bloomin' Onion soon.

Shaun - That think looks like it is on stilts! Mine is settling down now that it has an engine, tranny, and a couple of batteries.

I😂 yeah, I will just keep throwing parts at it until it runs right!😂😂😂

As I was finishing the last holes for the rear spring hangers, I noticed that these packs are 5 leaves each. So there's at least an inch of lift from the spring pack thickness alone. I'm really curious to see how far it drops with an engine and a transmission, but I don't think she'll go too far.

As I was finishing the last holes for the rear spring hangers, I noticed that these packs are 5 leaves each. So there's at least an inch of lift from the spring pack thickness alone. I'm really curious to see how far it drops with an engine and a transmission, but I don't think she'll go too far.

I need to measure Big Blue tomorrow to see how much the front has dropped with the radiator support and two batteries. May not be measurable.