Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Well, I think the MPC is wrong.

• In Calibration Parts Lists #117 - 122 plus 150 & 151 it says thermactor control valve w/PN of E1TZ 9F491-A has an ID # of E1TE 9F491-AA and is Motorcraft # CX-641

• In Calibration Parts List #205 it says thermactor control valve PN E3TZ 9F491-A has an ID # of E1TE 9F491-AA and is Motorcraft # CX-899

ID # E1TE 9F491-AA can't be both part numbers, nor can it have two different Motorcraft #'s. So I checked the April 1985 cross reference book. It says that:

• ID# E1TE 9F491-AA has part number E1TZ 9F491-A

• PN E3TZ 9F491-A is ID# E47E 9F491-BA

So the MPC was wrong. Now both my personal MPC and the Calibration Parts List doc that is embedded on here (Documentation/Calibration Info & Part #'s) show the following: :nabble_smiley_wink:

Thanks Gary. I'll have to dig back into it this weekend. That is the last valve that I need to have a completely new system. I just landed an NOS Motorcraft valve on Ebay today for $18.75 + $10 shipping. Great deal considering the cheapest aftermarket valve I can find is $44 + shipping.

egr.png.7111051bf56e7c71ed8969d2b13ea0c9.png

Thanks Gary. I'll have to dig back into it this weekend. That is the last valve that I need to have a completely new system. I just landed an NOS Motorcraft valve on Ebay today for $18.75 + $10 shipping. Great deal considering the cheapest aftermarket valve I can find is $44 + shipping.

I'm sure glad we worked through this. Otherwise you might have had the wrong valve. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'm sure glad we worked through this. Otherwise you might have had the wrong valve. :nabble_smiley_good:

Didn't touch my F350 other than put the tarp back on it, but I did notice on the way to dinner that the right rear of my daily driver Ranger felt bouncy. Ended up finding a 3" screw in the right rear tire, so after picking up dinner I limped the truck back home (I was only a few miles away) and parked it. After dinner I pulled the wheel off, removed the screw and put in a plug so that I could get to the tire shop first thing in the morning. I'm glad I went out for dinner because I wouldn't have noticed the tire until right before I left for work. :nabble_smiley_oh_no:

Didn't touch my F350 other than put the tarp back on it, but I did notice on the way to dinner that the right rear of my daily driver Ranger felt bouncy. Ended up finding a 3" screw in the right rear tire, so after picking up dinner I limped the truck back home (I was only a few miles away) and parked it. After dinner I pulled the wheel off, removed the screw and put in a plug so that I could get to the tire shop first thing in the morning. I'm glad I went out for dinner because I wouldn't have noticed the tire until right before I left for work. :nabble_smiley_oh_no:

Good catch, that's never something you want to find when time is short.

Good catch, that's never something you want to find when time is short.

Not at all. Wouldn't be so bad if my spare tire wasn't two sizes too small (33" vs 35"). I need to get a full-size spare.

Yep, that's a good catch. But changing 35" tires must be FUN. My 33's are quite heavy, so I can only imagine.

Did some digging around last night and found and old photo where I can barely make out the calibration info on the passenger side valve cover before I painted them. Looks like the truck is a 492. The associated part numbers match your edits about Gary. I did find one listed for Dennis Carpenter and one for Haven Ford. I'm not getting excited but I'll call them on Monday. No luck searching anywhere else.

Did some digging around last night and found and old photo where I can barely make out the calibration info on the passenger side valve cover before I painted them. Looks like the truck is a 492. The associated part numbers match your edits about Gary. I did find one listed for Dennis Carpenter and one for Haven Ford. I'm not getting excited but I'll call them on Monday. No luck searching anywhere else.

"492"? Not sure I understand. But, I do hope one of those outfits has the part. Let us know, please.