Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I’m a little late but got a few things done this weekend. Got the exhaust y-pipe installed and the new cat in place. I have some modifications to make to the hangers and air injection tube. Also got the smog pump and air injection tubing in on the top side along with the starter. Not a lot of progress, but it’s something. New distributor should be here tomorrow and the new rear fuel pump unit showed up today.

Well done! As Jim says, progress is good! :nabble_anim_claps:

Well done! As Jim says, progress is good! :nabble_anim_claps:

No work on the truck today, but I did find a little bit of a needle in a haystack. With needing to maintain emissions equipment, I have been wanting to replace all of the emissions related valves. Yes I know some of the parts may still work, but they are 32 years old and I spent good money on a new motor so I'd rather play it safe. I was able to find an NOS air diverter valve on ebay today. Price wasn't too bad either at $60. Now if only I could find the thermactor control valve that goes on the crossover tube at the back of the heads...... The EGR valve is pretty easy to find, just pricey.

diverter.png.b466d4997c55512e835bc43ba195eb2d.png

No work on the truck today, but I did find a little bit of a needle in a haystack. With needing to maintain emissions equipment, I have been wanting to replace all of the emissions related valves. Yes I know some of the parts may still work, but they are 32 years old and I spent good money on a new motor so I'd rather play it safe. I was able to find an NOS air diverter valve on ebay today. Price wasn't too bad either at $60. Now if only I could find the thermactor control valve that goes on the crossover tube at the back of the heads...... The EGR valve is pretty easy to find, just pricey.

That's a good find, but the thermactor valve may prove very hard to find. Do you have the part number?

That's a good find, but the thermactor valve may prove very hard to find. Do you have the part number?

Yes sir. I have found a few other interchange numbers, but don't have them handy.

E3TZ-9F491-A - Part Number

E47E-9F491-BA - ID Number

CX-899

DV44 - This is the Wells Part#, have also seen it listed as a DV50, but I'm not certain if that is correct.

Yes sir. I have found a few other interchange numbers, but don't have them handy.

E3TZ-9F491-A - Part Number

E47E-9F491-BA - ID Number

CX-899

DV44 - This is the Wells Part#, have also seen it listed as a DV50, but I'm not certain if that is correct.

I see the ID # as E1TE 9F491-AA, as shown below:

Calibration_Part_List_205.thumb.jpg.486de68fcf1409f9325640eccda61615.jpg

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n49691/Calibration_Part_List_205.jpg

That's interesting. This is from what you posted for me on the Thermactor thread previously....

thermactor.png.54317b872f39d1aee484df3e6e6573ee.png

Gotta love the very confusing system they used....

Link to the thermactor thread.... http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/#nabble-f37561

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n49691/Calibration_Part_List_205.jpg

That's interesting. This is from what you posted for me on the Thermactor thread previously....

Gotta love the very confusing system they used....

Link to the thermactor thread.... http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/#nabble-f37561

Boy, am I confused! :nabble_anim_confused:

Apparently there's an error in the MPC. But, we don't know which ID # is the one that cross references to the part number. Tomorrow I'll check the cross reference and see if I can figure it out.

Boy, am I confused! :nabble_anim_confused:

Apparently there's an error in the MPC. But, we don't know which ID # is the one that cross references to the part number. Tomorrow I'll check the cross reference and see if I can figure it out.

You made me look twice. If you search for both part ID#s on the google, there are photos of the same looking valve with both part ID#s. :nabble_anim_crazy:

You made me look twice. If you search for both part ID#s on the google, there are photos of the same looking valve with both part ID#s. :nabble_anim_crazy:

Well, I think the MPC is wrong.

• In Calibration Parts Lists #117 - 122 plus 150 & 151 it says thermactor control valve w/PN of E1TZ 9F491-A has an ID # of E1TE 9F491-AA and is Motorcraft # CX-641

• In Calibration Parts List #205 it says thermactor control valve PN E3TZ 9F491-A has an ID # of E1TE 9F491-AA and is Motorcraft # CX-899

ID # E1TE 9F491-AA can't be both part numbers, nor can it have two different Motorcraft #'s. So I checked the April 1985 cross reference book. It says that:

• ID# E1TE 9F491-AA has part number E1TZ 9F491-A

• PN E3TZ 9F491-A is ID# E47E 9F491-BA

So the MPC was wrong. Now both my personal MPC and the Calibration Parts List doc that is embedded on here (Documentation/Calibration Info & Part #'s) show the following: :nabble_smiley_wink:

New_Cal_Parts_List_205.jpg.a554bb105234f443693f154b049ec010.jpg