Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Thanks guys. I'm gonna get everything situated this weekend. Luckily I'm off Monday so I can watch the damage unfold.

I'm really hoping it swings out to the east. But it's not looking likely as of right now.

If it swings out to the East, I hope it swings WAYYY out, I am on an even smaller peninsula than you are with large bodies of water on each side.

If it swings out to the East, I hope it swings WAYYY out, I am on an even smaller peninsula than you are with large bodies of water on each side.
Today I managed to free up a few minutes after work, and decided to continue with my valve seal replacement effort...only to discover that (against recommendation) I purchased the wrong valve spring compression tool. So while I'm waiting for the correct tool to get here I decided to deal with some other things that have popped up:
  • I noticed the other day that one of the bolts holding the power steering pump bracket to the engine has spent the last 40 years slowly making a run for it. Cranked it down, should be good for another 40.

Noticed this today:IMG_0671.jpg.d6587f524c555fdf5c7d3351bde85511.jpgThat's my air pump bracket (minus the air pump, removed to open up access to spark plug #1), and shouldn't there be bolts in those two holes? Seems like there should be bolts.

Found and extracted the remains of my PCV valve that disintegrated a few years ago:IMG_0678.thumb.jpg.2357afc237d8bf4069de6a7bcf823474.jpgA better compression tool should get here Friday, hopefully on Tuesday after the holiday weekend I can start getting this project knocked out and put the truck back on the road.

Today I managed to free up a few minutes after work, and decided to continue with my valve seal replacement effort...only to discover that (against recommendation) I purchased the wrong valve spring compression tool. So while I'm waiting for the correct tool to get here I decided to deal with some other things that have popped up:
  • I noticed the other day that one of the bolts holding the power steering pump bracket to the engine has spent the last 40 years slowly making a run for it. Cranked it down, should be good for another 40.

Noticed this today:That's my air pump bracket (minus the air pump, removed to open up access to spark plug #1), and shouldn't there be bolts in those two holes? Seems like there should be bolts.

Found and extracted the remains of my PCV valve that disintegrated a few years ago:A better compression tool should get here Friday, hopefully on Tuesday after the holiday weekend I can start getting this project knocked out and put the truck back on the road.
Yes, there should be bolts. Without them it is going to really shake.

Yes, there should be bolts. Without them it is going to really shake.

You would think so, but I haven't noticed any problems with shaking so far.

At any rate, when I get a chance I'll clean those bolt holes out (there haven't been bolts in there for a LONG time)and then determine whether or not I need a spacer for that hole on the left.

Thanks guys. I'm gonna get everything situated this weekend. Luckily I'm off Monday so I can watch the damage unfold.

I'm really hoping it swings out to the east. But it's not looking likely as of right now.

Shaun - The latest is that it is going ashore 2 miles north of our kids in Palm Beach Garden. But, it looks like you'll still get a lot of rain and wind. Are you ready?

Shaun - The latest is that it is going ashore 2 miles north of our kids in Palm Beach Garden. But, it looks like you'll still get a lot of rain and wind. Are you ready?

I'm as ready as I'm gonna be. Dorian seems to have slowed down, so it's really wreaking havoc on my work schedule. I'm off Monday because of the holiday, and now Tuesday is up in the air. I'm basically on call from Monday night until the storm is out of Florida. Originally I was off this weekend until Tuesday, but I was told to come on Sunday on overtime to help stock the hospital. So as of right now I have no idea where I'm gonna be during the storm. As far as supplies go, I have everything I need, except now with this extra Sunday shift, I will drop below 1/2 a tank in my truck so I will need to find gas before I go back to work next week because I don't want to dip into my 10 gallons of reserve nor do I want to get stuck in a line just trying to get gas. People are going nuts here, even though we're as far inland as you can get in Florida.

I've got the F350 as secure as I can get it. With no front suspension I'm really worried about it falling, but I've got three rows of jackstands up front holding the truck and the rear wheels are blocked as solid as I can get them. I threw a tarp over the cab and held it down with about 10 bungie cords, so hopefully that doesn't get blown away.

I hope your family stays safe down there, it's grown into a very bad storm and will devastate the southeastern part of the state. People are starting to compare it to Hurricane Andrew.

I'm as ready as I'm gonna be. Dorian seems to have slowed down, so it's really wreaking havoc on my work schedule. I'm off Monday because of the holiday, and now Tuesday is up in the air. I'm basically on call from Monday night until the storm is out of Florida. Originally I was off this weekend until Tuesday, but I was told to come on Sunday on overtime to help stock the hospital. So as of right now I have no idea where I'm gonna be during the storm. As far as supplies go, I have everything I need, except now with this extra Sunday shift, I will drop below 1/2 a tank in my truck so I will need to find gas before I go back to work next week because I don't want to dip into my 10 gallons of reserve nor do I want to get stuck in a line just trying to get gas. People are going nuts here, even though we're as far inland as you can get in Florida.

I've got the F350 as secure as I can get it. With no front suspension I'm really worried about it falling, but I've got three rows of jackstands up front holding the truck and the rear wheels are blocked as solid as I can get them. I threw a tarp over the cab and held it down with about 10 bungie cords, so hopefully that doesn't get blown away.

I hope your family stays safe down there, it's grown into a very bad storm and will devastate the southeastern part of the state. People are starting to compare it to Hurricane Andrew.

Yes, it is going to cause widespread devastation. And the slowdown is bad news, for sure. I hope you have everything secure and it leaves you alone.

The kids are still right in the bullseye. :nabble_smiley_argh:

Yes, it is going to cause widespread devastation. And the slowdown is bad news, for sure. I hope you have everything secure and it leaves you alone.

The kids are still right in the bullseye. :nabble_smiley_argh:

They should really evacuate, I heard Oklahoma is nice this week. :nabble_smiley_wink:

They should really evacuate, I heard Oklahoma is nice this week. :nabble_smiley_wink:

They are considering it. They have a brand new town house with hurricane-proof windows, doors, etc. And they have plenty of provisions. But they also have a reservation at a hotel in Bradenton, near her parents.