Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Our Suburban has plastic Y’s for the rear heat. One or two can’t remember.

Next time I get down there I need to put in brass or something.

With the rear air and heat, hydroboost brakes, power steering, oil cooler and tranny cooler. There’s more lines in there than you can shake a stick at.

Sounds like my 2009 Flex, front and rear HVAC, at least the transaxle cooler, engine oil cooler and PS lines are all up front. The left side just inboard of the rocker panel looks like a Navy ship with all the hard lines running under there.

I think that was 2/3's of a pun: PU!

On a roll! I love it :)

Going to tackle more of the carpet tonight. My friend JUST told me... He has experience install aftermarket carpets and they are always a terrible fit.. He can come over on Thursday to help.

Maybe I will tackle the rest of the interior trim pieces..

On a roll! I love it :)

Going to tackle more of the carpet tonight. My friend JUST told me... He has experience install aftermarket carpets and they are always a terrible fit.. He can come over on Thursday to help.

Maybe I will tackle the rest of the interior trim pieces..

Yep, on a roll: :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Good luck with the carpet. Two heads/four hands are better than one/two, so I'd wait for him. You may have to screw one side down and stretch the other side to get it to align, and one person can pull and the other secure.

So I'd tackle the interior pieces tonight.

Gary, it is basically the same engine, less turbos as Blue has. 3.5L DOHC V6. As far as I know the loss of coolant and heat up of the metal parts triggers a limp mode where it probably alternates banks (the V6 engines generally fire alternate banks) Firing order is 142536, where 123 are rear bank and 456 front. so in the limp mode it will fire 1-2-3 and the after a bit switch to 4-5-6 to keep from over heating either bank. Idea is to get safely off the road.

Once it had cooled down it started right up on all 6. Wrecker driver drove it up on the rollback, leveled the deck and secured it. When he got to the house, he lowered the deck, unstrapped and drove it off and into the drive. I wasn't real happy finding the plastic tees. The hoses are pushed over the legs and are retained with plastic collars on the 3 hoses. I will post a picture of the new part when I get it.

As requested, picture of the new assembly. Still has plastic tees, and I measured the ID on the hoses. The ones to and from the engine and front heater core are 19mm (3/4") ID, the two to the rear unit lines are 16mm (5/8") ID. It comes with all new clamps, insulating sleeve, upper clip and lower tie wrap.

Right side:

DSCN4681.thumb.jpg.7e0262196bb50f5c3d7b8bfa39998dcd.jpg

Left side:

DSCN4682.thumb.jpg.4538fdeca804ecfac81b1903c65a9d84.jpg

Shipping or pull tag:

DSCN4683.thumb.jpg.dc660a5bf2fb3033b6b14aeda4c93d64.jpg

Part number tag:

DSCN4684.thumb.jpg.840f5b90f41d9a951f17e651e1999e88.jpg

As requested, picture of the new assembly. Still has plastic tees, and I measured the ID on the hoses. The ones to and from the engine and front heater core are 19mm (3/4") ID, the two to the rear unit lines are 16mm (5/8") ID. It comes with all new clamps, insulating sleeve, upper clip and lower tie wrap.

Right side:

Left side:

Shipping or pull tag:

Part number tag:

Thanks, Bill. Do you think it was the heat that caused the tees to break or might they be in a bind?

Right side:

Left side:

Shipping or pull tag:

Part number tag:

Reminds me of the 95 Aerostar heater setup, I do hope you have more room.

Reminds me of the 95 Aerostar heater setup, I do hope you have more room.

Once I removed the wiper arms, cowl grille and the two lower pieces that form the bottom of the air inlet. I remove the upper plenum and shock tower cross brace everything is easily visible. The hardest part was getting the hoses off the nipples. I wanted to save them in case the part wasn't available.

BTW, I Googled the Motorcraft KT-55 number and found it on eBay, Amazon and Rock Auto. Amazon and Rock were a little less than 1/2 the dealership cost.