Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Where I'm at we've been pretty lucky weather wise as the dry spells have not been too bad for too long. It has been a some what wet and cool spring that has slowed the farmers down some as well as my garden but things have improved on that front. August and September does get quite humid at times but not as bad as some parts of this country has to deal with.

Just ordered new seats for Eunice (F150). I went with the QUALITEX AMERICAN CLASSIC LOW BACK 40-20-40 with the encore ocean as the main fabric and the encore charcoal as the insert color.

https://www.qualitex.com/qualitex-american-classic-low-back-40-20-40.html

No idea how long delivery will take. But when I get it I can pull the interior, put my NOS vinyl floor in and then these nice new seats too.

Then I need to rehome the flex steel seats. Maybe list them on craigs list..

Just ordered new seats for Eunice (F150). I went with the QUALITEX AMERICAN CLASSIC LOW BACK 40-20-40 with the encore ocean as the main fabric and the encore charcoal as the insert color.

https://www.qualitex.com/qualitex-american-classic-low-back-40-20-40.html

No idea how long delivery will take. But when I get it I can pull the interior, put my NOS vinyl floor in and then these nice new seats too.

Then I need to rehome the flex steel seats. Maybe list them on craigs list..

I like those seats! They'll look great in your truck. :nabble_smiley_good:

I like those seats! They'll look great in your truck. :nabble_smiley_good:

Since it is still raining here...ugh...I carried on with working on the old '84, and yesterday used my buffer to do a Mother's 3-stage polish, glaze, wax on the truck. It is now glossy and silky smooth to the touch, but man was that a lot of work...it's like waxing your vehicle three times. I then put the power ball in the drill and polished both front and rear chrome bumpers. Today I guess I'll polish the chrome wheels and mirrors...and then maybe clean the glass and interior...while it continues to rain LOL. Forecast has made a shift though, looks like no rain for the next three days after today, so I'll be switching over to more dirty work on the old '80 4x4.

IMG_5289.jpg.85adb77ca6dec0e662efaf3f8c989384.jpg

IMG_5285.jpg.165ee166fba8afd501e7bc488bff9e7b.jpg

IMG_5287.jpg.3bea35ef09471ddc36ced2bd7fb602a5.jpg

IMG_5288.jpg.4e87626f2131018cd8bab6167ce599bb.jpg

Waxing a vehicle is one of those jobs that I really dislike and usually procrastinate doing it for ever, but it's always so satisfying after it is finished.

Since it is still raining here...ugh...I carried on with working on the old '84, and yesterday used my buffer to do a Mother's 3-stage polish, glaze, wax on the truck. It is now glossy and silky smooth to the touch, but man was that a lot of work...it's like waxing your vehicle three times. I then put the power ball in the drill and polished both front and rear chrome bumpers. Today I guess I'll polish the chrome wheels and mirrors...and then maybe clean the glass and interior...while it continues to rain LOL. Forecast has made a shift though, looks like no rain for the next three days after today, so I'll be switching over to more dirty work on the old '80 4x4.

Waxing a vehicle is one of those jobs that I really dislike and usually procrastinate doing it for ever, but it's always so satisfying after it is finished.

Good work, can’t argue with those results! Want to do mine for me?

Looking good!

Wow! That looks beautiful! :nabble_anim_claps:

Wow! That looks beautiful! :nabble_anim_claps:

Another busy day in Rembrant's garage today. I did an oil change on my daily driver Tacoma, and then FINALLY install the front swaybar on my 2wd Flareside. I must have purchased the bar three years ago, but only just got the mounting brackets last year. Since I had to pull the springs and beam bolts, I took the opportunity to swap in the southern radius arms I picked up, which were correct for the truck (I was running later model radius arms for the past 3-4 years). What a job! It wasn't so bad though...I don't know why I was procrastinating about it for so long lol.

Can't wait to try it out. I have to get an alignment now, so hopefully I can get that done this week sometime and then I can go carve some corners with this thing haha! J/K.

IMG_5301.jpg.34de730025f42e063cf8be2d31f20715.jpg

Another busy day in Rembrant's garage today. I did an oil change on my daily driver Tacoma, and then FINALLY install the front swaybar on my 2wd Flareside. I must have purchased the bar three years ago, but only just got the mounting brackets last year. Since I had to pull the springs and beam bolts, I took the opportunity to swap in the southern radius arms I picked up, which were correct for the truck (I was running later model radius arms for the past 3-4 years). What a job! It wasn't so bad though...I don't know why I was procrastinating about it for so long lol.

Can't wait to try it out. I have to get an alignment now, so hopefully I can get that done this week sometime and then I can go carve some corners with this thing haha! J/K.

I'm not sure about carving corners, but I can say that Dad's truck with the sway bars was much easier to drive than Rusty w/o sway bars. Otherwise they had pretty much the same suspension.

Anyway, good work! You are getting things done. :nabble_anim_claps:

I'm not sure about carving corners, but I can say that Dad's truck with the sway bars was much easier to drive than Rusty w/o sway bars. Otherwise they had pretty much the same suspension.

Anyway, good work! You are getting things done. :nabble_anim_claps:

Gary,

I've had the rear swaybar installed now for a couple years and it made a big difference in my opinion, so I'm not expecting a huge difference with the addition of the front bar, but I'm hoping for some improvement. The truck was driving just fine, but if this tightens it up even a hair, then I'll take that. I needed to get an alignment to correct for my crooked steering wheel anyway.

I know without any bars at all, there's quite a bit of body roll in these trucks in the turns (at least in the spongy 2wd's). It was a bit unnerving at first, but I've long forgotten about it now.

The 1980 4x4 Flareside has factory front and rear swaybars...and the quad shock front end, so it's a pretty stiff truck as it is.