Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

The vacuum advance makes a huge difference on MPG. :nabble_smiley_good:

Ive had one guy tell me ported vacuum will give you way more fuel economy than manifold vacuum for vacuum advance.

Not sure how he figures that considering manifold vacuum and ported vacuum are the same amount of vacuum the only difference is when the vacuum comes into play.

Ive had one guy tell me ported vacuum will give you way more fuel economy than manifold vacuum for vacuum advance.

Not sure how he figures that considering manifold vacuum and ported vacuum are the same amount of vacuum the only difference is when the vacuum comes into play.

35s on, plow off, installed a new chrome grille, bezels and upper and lower moulding along with a new Ford badge (had no idea Ford still manufacturers them, came in a brand new 2020 styled package!!) and started a little rust repair on the "new" box.

Snapchat-646053146.thumb.jpg.a1c50770c792380480a3b1915d1297c6.jpg

Also blew a brake line at a stop light in my buddies 78 F250, so I put a brake line on it on the side of the road.

35s on, plow off, installed a new chrome grille, bezels and upper and lower moulding along with a new Ford badge (had no idea Ford still manufacturers them, came in a brand new 2020 styled package!!) and started a little rust repair on the "new" box.

Also blew a brake line at a stop light in my buddies 78 F250, so I put a brake line on it on the side of the road.

How you like the chrome grill?

I was looking at going that route on my '82 but think it might be too much chrome now that I have a chrome grill guard.

Unless I take the grill guard and have the rusty chrome stripped off and have it powder coated black but not sure how that would look.

I keep eyeing the all black grill but they are a little hard to find compared to the argent silver and the chrome options.

Looking good!

How you like the chrome grill?

I was looking at going that route on my '82 but think it might be too much chrome now that I have a chrome grill guard.

Unless I take the grill guard and have the rusty chrome stripped off and have it powder coated black but not sure how that would look.

I keep eyeing the all black grill but they are a little hard to find compared to the argent silver and the chrome options.

Personally I would have rather had the chrome and the center section argent as it was new, but it looks good. This one has the black inside it. These were all Keystone parts. They fit pretty well, no major fitment issues.

Personally I would have rather had the chrome and the center section argent as it was new, but it looks good. This one has the black inside it. These were all Keystone parts. They fit pretty well, no major fitment issues.

If I got the argent grill it would be argent with black on the inside to match the black on the headlight buckets. I know they have an all argent one which is what my truck had from the factory. Only black was the tiny vertical supports in the center of the larger openings.

If I got the argent grill it would be argent with black on the inside to match the black on the headlight buckets. I know they have an all argent one which is what my truck had from the factory. Only black was the tiny vertical supports in the center of the larger openings.

It looks like it's lacking something, almost too plain being black. Maybe I'm being nitpicky.

As my father would say, you are going to keep us in suspenders and not tell us? :nabble_smiley_sad:

I took my bull out for drive and stopped to see a little red Bullnose that is parked in the far back corner of a local Honda dealership. Two different people told me it was there, so I figured I'd take a spin by and have a look. I've seen the truck around previously, and was actually going to go look at it back in 2016 before I bought the one I have now. It was almost 500 miles away at the time, and by the time I was able to go see it, it had sold. It's an '85 with a 351/auto. VIN says it's a 300/6 truck.

IMG_0728.jpg.fdeabe1e11d4327cef8d628d22042b4a.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg.3861139dc52af965dd8009445174f653.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg.0db7f79c5cce190c90fdae1acdeca53e.jpg