Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Swapped motors today. Out with the 84 351w HO and in with a rebuilt roller 95 351w with a 5.0 HO cam (.445/.445 lift, 210/211 duration@.050), Weiand intake, EFI to be installed in a couple days. I have all the accessories from the 95 so also upgraded to a serpentine system and 3g alternator. Replaced the tank with a 95 f150 tank with an in-tank pump, Earls vapor guard hose, fittings, and quick connect to AN adapters.

You tried the fancy rotation trick and it overlaid your text. Sorry, that happens. But I eliminated the pic in the quote so I could see the text.

Wow, that's quite an accomplishment for one day! What EFI system are you going to use? And do you have just one tank or two?

Nice!!!! :nabble_smiley_good:

Swapped motors today. Out with the 84 351w HO and in with a rebuilt roller 95 351w with a 5.0 HO cam (.445/.445 lift, 210/211 duration@.050), Weiand intake, EFI to be installed in a couple days. I have all the accessories from the 95 so also upgraded to a serpentine system and 3g alternator. Replaced the tank with a 95 f150 tank with an in-tank pump, Earls vapor guard hose, fittings, and quick connect to AN adapters.

You tried the fancy rotation trick and it overlaid your text. Sorry, that happens. But I eliminated the pic in the quote so I could see the text.

Wow, that's quite an accomplishment for one day! What EFI system are you going to use? And do you have just one tank or two?

Very nice! I would love to have one of those roller cam 351's...such a nice engine!!! As small blocks go, I think that one is the way to go if you can get one.

A friend of mine has one in a 1997 F350 parts truck and if I didn't already have a 302 I dropped way too much money on I'd be all over that 351 like white on rice!

Not a problem, next time I’ll use my computer where I have a little more control instead of my phone. Or use an editing app to make everything straight. Also, is there a way that I can post on a thread/topic without replying to someone else’s post? I’ve been trying to figure that out but have had no luck

Thank you! It was a busy day. Every part of me is sore including my brain. The EFI is the Summit Racing Max EFI-500. It’s a Fitech system built for Summit. It ticked a lot of boxes for me like being able to replace sensors with OEM (GM) sensors, and having an externally mounted ecu. It was cheaper than any other system by $250 and comes with SummitRacing customer service and warranty which is better than most. I’ll post pics of it as soon as I get some time(hopefully a build thread).

Very nice! I would love to have one of those roller cam 351's...such a nice engine!!! As small blocks go, I think that one is the way to go if you can get one.

A friend of mine has one in a 1997 F350 parts truck and if I didn't already have a 302 I dropped way too much money on I'd be all over that 351 like white on rice!

Thank you! I was very happy when I pulled the intake off the first time and saw those beautiful roller lifters. I lucked across this one. The guy that I got my Bullnose from (was his dads truck) had a 95 f150 that belonged to his dad as well that had a tree fall on it. He said that if I needed it to fix up the Bullnose (his dads favorite truck) to come by and get it. Needless to say I didn’t hesitate. And to my surprise it was a roller block:nabble_anim_jump:

Not a problem, next time I’ll use my computer where I have a little more control instead of my phone. Or use an editing app to make everything straight. Also, is there a way that I can post on a thread/topic without replying to someone else’s post? I’ve been trying to figure that out but have had no luck

Thank you! It was a busy day. Every part of me is sore including my brain. The EFI is the Summit Racing Max EFI-500. It’s a Fitech system built for Summit. It ticked a lot of boxes for me like being able to replace sensors with OEM (GM) sensors, and having an externally mounted ecu. It was cheaper than any other system by $250 and comes with SummitRacing customer service and warranty which is better than most. I’ll post pics of it as soon as I get some time(hopefully a build thread).

No, you have to reply to someone's post. If you reply to any post other than the last one the system puts in text like "In reply to this post", but it doesn't if you reply to the last post.

On the EFI, I anxious to see what you have. It is throttle body?

No, you have to reply to someone's post. If you reply to any post other than the last one the system puts in text like "In reply to this post", but it doesn't if you reply to the last post.

06870663-3442-4FDC-9FF7-564EED83355B.thumb.jpeg.96352f820120d06fc381d504baf612cc.jpeg

Gotcha thank you!

It is a throttle body system. Supposed to support up to 500 hp, limited by injector size. Four 66 lbs an hour injectors. It’s a self learning speed density system although it allows you to manually tune whatever you want and turn the self learning off. Comes with a little controller that I have magnetically mounted to the dash. Controls the fuel pump as well. Very very simple wiring-key hot, fuel pump, ground, power, tach signal. It takes care of the rest. Even has a built in electric fan controller.

Gotcha thank you!

It is a throttle body system. Supposed to support up to 500 hp, limited by injector size. Four 66 lbs an hour injectors. It’s a self learning speed density system although it allows you to manually tune whatever you want and turn the self learning off. Comes with a little controller that I have magnetically mounted to the dash. Controls the fuel pump as well. Very very simple wiring-key hot, fuel pump, ground, power, tach signal. It takes care of the rest. Even has a built in electric fan controller.

Brakes! Tire shop told me the front brakes weren’t wearing even when they rotated my tires.

Pistons were bound up in the calipers, so I went with remans. Tried bleeding with my Mityvac and had no luck.

Fortunately my wife was willing to help, so got them bled. Moved to the rear and they’re not too bad. Thought I would bleed them also to get some fresh fluid in there.

Tried the bleed screw first and I’m convinced they would snap off. So, didn’t bleed the rear. I did lube up the adjuster and brought the shoes out a bit. That will be a summer job. This one or next. New shoes, hardware and wheel cylinders.

Very nice though! Always thought I had to push a little too hard on the pedal. First couple of stops I was about ten feet from the stop sign! Stopping good and a nice easy feel to the pedal.

That catches me up on things I wanted to do. So must be time for something to break!

Brakes! Tire shop told me the front brakes weren’t wearing even when they rotated my tires.

Pistons were bound up in the calipers, so I went with remans. Tried bleeding with my Mityvac and had no luck.

Fortunately my wife was willing to help, so got them bled. Moved to the rear and they’re not too bad. Thought I would bleed them also to get some fresh fluid in there.

Tried the bleed screw first and I’m convinced they would snap off. So, didn’t bleed the rear. I did lube up the adjuster and brought the shoes out a bit. That will be a summer job. This one or next. New shoes, hardware and wheel cylinders.

Very nice though! Always thought I had to push a little too hard on the pedal. First couple of stops I was about ten feet from the stop sign! Stopping good and a nice easy feel to the pedal.

That catches me up on things I wanted to do. So must be time for something to break!

Oh, new jacks under the rear.

A939DA3B-5009-4312-8330-418EC52BF7AD.jpeg.5550be8aa3b421af73292f7ee3d00404.jpeg

Not going to try to get the picture straight!