Bullnose Forum

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I think the Summit carb is based the old Autolite 4100 design. There's an excellent article on it in Hemmings. And I think Rick/Fonzie is running one and loves it.

It is basically a 4bbl version of the 2100 and is said to be a very reliable carb. And its annular boosters are supposed to provide good atomization of the fuel.

Gary, the Summit carbs seem to get good reviews from what I've been reading. Below is a clip from a Mustang forum...I believe from about 10 years ago.

"Well, it looks like I'm the Guinea Pig on this one. Since I have a wideband O2 setup and vacuum gage mounted in the car, I figure my mild 306 would be a good test platform for the “new” Summit MO8600VS 600 cfm carburetor. The package was originally set to be sent on 1/30/2009 but arrived at my door on 1/15/2009. Before the purchase, I made a couple of calls to satisfy my curiosity about this carb which, as many have pointed out, looks strangely like a Holley 4010. As we all know, the 4010 was born from the venerable and streetable Autolite 4100.

According to the Summit rep I spoke to, Holley destroyed the original molds for the old 4010 carburetor. The “guy” who designed the 4010 also helped design the Summit version… making improvements on the shortcomings of the 4010, and Holley supposedly makes these carbs for Summit. The box says “Assembled in USA but I still can’t get a straight answer on how (or if) China is involved. Anyway, I took apart the carb, checked everything out and took some pics. Enjoy."

Yes, they get very good reviews. I wouldn't be afraid of one at all.

I didn't do it all today, but I finished today!

I moved my trailer connector from swinging under the bumper by one bolt in a bent bracket to the face of the bumper under one missing taglite.

Oh, and since those were missing, I added the taglites, too.

I'm working on finding the pictures in my phone to put on PC to put on this post...

WHYDTYTT?I would like to say I drove it.... you know... one of these days.
I know the feeling. I have two Bullnose trucks and both are down. :nabble_smiley_sad:

But, I guess I should be happy as it doesn't ask WHYDTYBTT? So I can report on my 2015. :nabble_smiley_evil:
Since Gary said...
.... I guess I should be happy as it doesn't ask WHYDTYBTT? So I can report on my 2015. :nabble_smiley_evil:
...I guess I can report on my 2015 as well. After driving my E-450 motorhome to the Grand Canyon and Utah, and with ice on the dog's water dish yesterday morning, it was time to winterize it (the motor home, not the dog dish). Mostly that's boring routine stuff, but while I was changing the oil I decided to finish a job I started about a year ago.The motorhome came to me with a momentary-duty relay to connect the camper battery to the truck battery so it can jump-start itself. Last year I replaced that with a continuous duty relay so I can also connect the batteries while I'm driving to keep the camper battery charged. The switch that came with my relay is on-off-on, with the idea that one "on" gets power from the camper battery (for jump starting) and the other gets power only when the engine is running so it shuts the relay off when you shut down the engine. But I didn't have a readily available source of engine-on power.So today I put a Tee on the oil pressure sensor and added an oil pressure switch (intended for either an idiot light or to provide power to an electric choke). Now any time the engine loses oil pressure (which hopefully will only be when it's not running!) the relay will open. And I still have the other "on" if I need to connect the batteries when the engine isn't running.

Since Gary said...

.... I guess I should be happy as it doesn't ask WHYDTYBTT? So I can report on my 2015. :nabble_smiley_evil:

...I guess I can report on my 2015 as well. After driving my E-450 motorhome to the Grand Canyon and Utah, and with ice on the dog's water dish yesterday morning, it was time to winterize it (the motor home, not the dog dish). Mostly that's boring routine stuff, but while I was changing the oil I decided to finish a job I started about a year ago.

The motorhome came to me with a momentary-duty relay to connect the camper battery to the truck battery so it can jump-start itself. Last year I replaced that with a continuous duty relay so I can also connect the batteries while I'm driving to keep the camper battery charged. The switch that came with my relay is on-off-on, with the idea that one "on" gets power from the camper battery (for jump starting) and the other gets power only when the engine is running so it shuts the relay off when you shut down the engine. But I didn't have a readily available source of engine-on power.

So today I put a Tee on the oil pressure sensor and added an oil pressure switch (intended for either an idiot light or to provide power to an electric choke). Now any time the engine loses oil pressure (which hopefully will only be when it's not running!) the relay will open. And I still have the other "on" if I need to connect the batteries when the engine isn't running.

Steve/FoxFord33 - You had the truck pointed out when I parked in front of it tonight, so I didn't see that. (Not sure I would have noticed, but I have noticed it before.) But you didn't tell me? You listened to my tomorrow's-project story and didn't tell me?

Bob - I like that switch. :nabble_smiley_good: But how will you label it? Something like "Parallel" and "Engine Parallel"?

Steve/FoxFord33 - You had the truck pointed out when I parked in front of it tonight, so I didn't see that. (Not sure I would have noticed, but I have noticed it before.) But you didn't tell me? You listened to my tomorrow's-project story and didn't tell me?

Bob - I like that switch. :nabble_smiley_good: But how will you label it? Something like "Parallel" and "Engine Parallel"?

Lol! I didn't think to tell you about it. We might have even been able to see it in the daylight and then test lumens in the dark! Well, here are the pics!

20191002_120042.jpg.78476542ae588e7142010c9d76fc17e9.jpg

20191002_120131_HDR.jpg.972a98ea64847df392f75d78ae68fb4e.jpg

20191011_164049_HDR.jpg.ddd3433fd0ca13031c78aaa0e8768bb5.jpg

20191013_171649_(2).thumb.jpg.2825b77dbd2f45aa2345fe04d5a44123.jpg

I've been out of the loop for a few days, because I forgot I left my phone on my bumper. :nabble_smiley_hurt:

I did do some work on a truck this weekend, but it wasn't mine.

(at least it is a Ford!)

IMG_20191013_164756.jpg.ddc2a12ea3dc27eef90fb374c8266183.jpg

My friend Ari bought himself a class A Newmar motorcoach with 5,000 miles. :nabble_smiley_good:

IMG_20191013_164748.jpg.29fb460e4332c399aa041be6668ce38a.jpg

F53 chassis with the commercial version V-10.

IMG_20191013_165011.jpg.a0abd33d94868a13a28f5a909483ae1f.jpg

It was a dog, so we went with a tuner for better shift points and Banks at both ends.

A "CAI" and their 'Monster exhaust' which is really just a CatBack with right hand dump in front of the rear wheels, instead of on the left

IMG_20191013_164811.thumb.jpg.53f866a74e7a853f254aedde2fa7410b.jpg

He's going to need it if he intends to drag his Exploder to Florida next month.

Pics, or it didn't happen....

I need a day to figure out permissions on this old phone.

It was being used for the quadrocopter, so I wiped it and installed the latest build of Lineage that allows VOLTE, WiFi calling or video calls.

Us old farts will know this as Cyanogen Mod, but there is no Pie distro with the above requirements.

I've been out of the loop for a few days, because I forgot I left my phone on my bumper. :nabble_smiley_hurt:

I did do some work on a truck this weekend, but it wasn't mine.

(at least it is a Ford!)

My friend Ari bought himself a class A Newmar motorcoach with 5,000 miles. :nabble_smiley_good:

F53 chassis with the commercial version V-10.

It was a dog, so we went with a tuner for better shift points and Banks at both ends.

A "CAI" and their 'Monster exhaust' which is really just a CatBack with right hand dump in front of the rear wheels, instead of on the left

He's going to need it if he intends to drag his Exploder to Florida next month.

Pics, or it didn't happen....

I need a day to figure out permissions on this old phone.

It was being used for the quadrocopter, so I wiped it and installed the latest build of Lineage that allows VOLTE, WiFi calling or video calls.

Us old farts will know this as Cyanogen Mod, but there is no Pie distro with the above requirements.

So, your good phone went for a ride to you don't know where? And you are on an old phone running LineageOS? What browser? And how does the site look? Hope it works. Been missing you.

That's a nice looking motorhome. What's different between the standard and commercial versions of the V10? What tranny does it run?

And "Banks at both ends"? A supercharger and a turbo? Or did I misunderstand?

So, your good phone went for a ride to you don't know where? And you are on an old phone running LineageOS? What browser? And how does the site look? Hope it works. Been missing you.

That's a nice looking motorhome. What's different between the standard and commercial versions of the V10? What tranny does it run?

And "Banks at both ends"? A supercharger and a turbo? Or did I misunderstand?

I wouldn't say it is a 'good' phone, but it is mine..

IMG_20191014_072549.thumb.jpg.5ae66ab95758fdd5a282d74c6110a86e.jpg

Surprisingly, it still works.

The alarm going off was driving me crazy, the buttons light up when I plug it in, and I can communicate with it through ADB.

NOKIA TOUGH!!!

It a great legacy, if downscale from some of their devices.

I can get one new for $129, and may just do that.

Just like I said, an airbox, inlet and a CatBack.

I can't rattle the difference off the top of my head, but I will look into it and report back.

I wouldn't say it is a 'good' phone, but it is mine..

Surprisingly, it still works.

The alarm going off was driving me crazy, the buttons light up when I plug it in, and I can communicate with it through ADB.

NOKIA TOUGH!!!

It a great legacy, if downscale from some of their devices.

I can get one new for $129, and may just do that.

Just like I said, an airbox, inlet and a CatBack.

I can't rattle the difference off the top of my head, but I will look into it and report back.

Wow! That's the worst screen I've seen.

Oh, ok: airbox, inlet and a catback. Now I understand.