Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Didn't know about Timmy's, but read up on it. (LOVE the internet. Earlier today heard Creeque Alley and remembered to read up on it as I'd always wanted to do from the first time I heard it.)

Anyway, didn't get out to the shop today so needed to "do something to my truck today". Given that I ordered the bezel on the left from Dennis Carpenter. Hopefully I can make it fairly well match the instrument bezel on the right. But I'm guessing I'll have to paint both of them to get a match.

I'm assuming you have either the original or a repro fog light switch cover for that bezel?

I'm in Florida and I'm very familiar with Timmy's. It's VERY hard to watch any kind of YouTube creator content from Canada and not hear mention or physically watch somebody stop in at a Timmy's. lol.

Ya, Tim’s is a bit of an institution up here. I think they’re barely a mile apart in the cities and the small towns usually have one at each end lol.

Ya, Tim’s is a bit of an institution up here. I think they’re barely a mile apart in the cities and the small towns usually have one at each end lol.

Where I'm from, all we have is Dunkin' and Starbucks. Both equally terrible in my opinion. We have some smaller coffee shops here and there, but they aren't places I would want to stop by every morning.

Where I'm from, all we have is Dunkin' and Starbucks. Both equally terrible in my opinion. We have some smaller coffee shops here and there, but they aren't places I would want to stop by every morning.

Nobody's mentioned Daylight Donuts yet? Do I have to do everything around here?

When I was young our standard summer activity was my mother, my younger brother, and myself flying out to Oklahoma to spend a couple of weeks at my grandparents. I don't know how it started, but tradition was that the first thing we did the day after we arrived was my grandfather loaded my brother and me up in the truck and took us to Collinsville for haircuts and donuts. I'm sure it was just coincidence that all his retired cronies hung out at either the barber shop or the donut shop. Regardless, we each got a summer buzzcut and all the Daylight Donuts we could eat. Good times! :nabble_smiley_good:

Oh, what did I do to my truck today? That would be nothing...super busy lately, but hopefully time will start freeing up on Tuesday and I can start getting stuff done again.

Nobody's mentioned Daylight Donuts yet? Do I have to do everything around here?

When I was young our standard summer activity was my mother, my younger brother, and myself flying out to Oklahoma to spend a couple of weeks at my grandparents. I don't know how it started, but tradition was that the first thing we did the day after we arrived was my grandfather loaded my brother and me up in the truck and took us to Collinsville for haircuts and donuts. I'm sure it was just coincidence that all his retired cronies hung out at either the barber shop or the donut shop. Regardless, we each got a summer buzzcut and all the Daylight Donuts we could eat. Good times! :nabble_smiley_good:

Oh, what did I do to my truck today? That would be nothing...super busy lately, but hopefully time will start freeing up on Tuesday and I can start getting stuff done again.

Haven't been to Daylight Donuts in C'ville, but have been many times to the one in 'Took. And maybe we can have some when you visit?

Haven't been to Daylight Donuts in C'ville, but have been many times to the one in 'Took. And maybe we can have some when you visit?

I was wondering about what to use on my new-to-me dash. Found a great condition nutmeg dash w speaker still intact. What do ppl use to protect them? I have Armorall but ive heard that’s like using pledge on your antique furniture (a no-no). But there must be something to restore the elastomeric properties? Maybe?

What did I do Today? Well I just finished two days of sanding the pot metal hood release holder and chromed handle that are part of the security package, and got it installed. My original mount was thrashed and zip tied together ( and still useless). Finally Found a mount at the JY but of course my handle was a snug fit- wouldn’t go it far enough to even lock. Sanded both down til they fit and I’m happy as a clam now. No more pliers to access the engine! :nabble_smiley_grin:

I was wondering about what to use on my new-to-me dash. Found a great condition nutmeg dash w speaker still intact. What do ppl use to protect them? I have Armorall but ive heard that’s like using pledge on your antique furniture (a no-no). But there must be something to restore the elastomeric properties? Maybe?

What did I do Today? Well I just finished two days of sanding the pot metal hood release holder and chromed handle that are part of the security package, and got it installed. My original mount was thrashed and zip tied together ( and still useless). Finally Found a mount at the JY but of course my handle was a snug fit- wouldn’t go it far enough to even lock. Sanded both down til they fit and I’m happy as a clam now. No more pliers to access the engine! :nabble_smiley_grin:

The best way to protect a good condition dash pad is to keep the sun off of it.