Bullnose Forum

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I did just order a two plug E7TZ wiper motor from eBay.

Cheap, but if it works who cares?

Glad the pics work for you Shaun. :nabble_smiley_cool:

Luckily my cab came with one, but I am unsure of it's performance.

Also in my favor, the wiring is the same, the bullnose connector is just split into two connectors and extra grounds are added just like everything else in a bricknose harness.

White Knite - How much toe-in are you running? When the dust settles on the D60 install I'll need to set ball park alignment so want to know roughly where to start.

Cory - You just found it? Or did it sort happen after pulling 4 nuts off? :nabble_smiley_wink:

I've learned to take those off with the truck on the ground as the way the rear suspension moves forward when you lift it up makes getting it off very difficult, if not impossible. But on the ground it has been quite easy.

I set my toe in by the seat of pants shade tree method of a guesstimated # of turns of the adjustment sleeve followed by a test drive. It's not the correct and recommended method but on the older twin I beam trucks that I drive, It has always worked well enough so they drive well and with even tire wear. especilly compared to doing nothing at all, tires don't come cheap.

I set my toe in by the seat of pants shade tree method of a guesstimated # of turns of the adjustment sleeve followed by a test drive. It's not the correct and recommended method but on the older twin I beam trucks that I drive, It has always worked well enough so they drive well and with even tire wear. especilly compared to doing nothing at all, tires don't come cheap.

White Knite - Thanks. I'll be doing that as well.

As for what I did today with my truck, I'll let the pictures tell the tale:

Taking_Out_Jims_Holly_Bush.thumb.jpg.0b358b6e5ae6e3911c273816c2937624.jpg

Taking_Out_Jims_Holly_Bush_-_Closeup.thumb.jpg.07ea39d0ee21be1449a20d0314e2a449.jpg

Taking_Out_Jims_Holly_Bush_-_Done.thumb.jpg.357ffedd844398ab7f9e5969ba46018d.jpg

.... As for what I did today with my truck, I'll let the pictures tell the tale:

Taking_Out_Jims_Holly_Bush_-_Closeup.jpg

Using the spare like that is a great idea! I've always just hooked to the base of the shrub and pulled straight. That works OK, but being able to pull up would be a lot better!

Wasn't my idea. I saw it somewhere and thought I'd try it. And it does work.

And, by the way, that's Big Blue's spare. And I was able to pick it up to get out of the truck and put back in. So I think I can get it on that to-be bumper. :nabble_smiley_good:

Wasn't my idea. I saw it somewhere and thought I'd try it. And it does work.

And, by the way, that's Big Blue's spare. And I was able to pick it up to get out of the truck and put back in. So I think I can get it on that to-be bumper. :nabble_smiley_good:

Well new door seals didn't fix my leak. I'm gonna have to just sit in the truck to figure out where it's coming from. :nabble_anim_crazy:

It rains when I'm at work, and clears up by the time I get home. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

Garden hose it shall be.

So I figured it out, it's leaking around the A/C box in a few spots.

-The A/C box isn't flush sealed since I won't be re-using it, so water is slowly seeping behind it.

-The hole for the A/C wiring (bullnose do not have) is no longer being utilized, and was another source for water intrusion, I found a factory plug to fill that void.

-The hole for the heater hoses is open and the cowl panel isn't enough to cover it.

-I don't have a hood yet, so water is able to directly hit the firewall.

For now I've thrown a tarp over the truck until I can pick up a hood and heater box. Hopefully sooner than later.