Bullnose Forum

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I've had Thrush muffs before, but hadn't heard of red ones. Are they different?

As for the tranny, how big of a mess did you make getting the pan off? I always make a huge one. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Tomorrow I'm going to take care of the title paperwork on my F350, and then I'm going to National Parts Depot to pick up some goodies. I have made myself a list of what I REALLY need and that is weather stripping and body mounts. I am going to do my best to not buy anything else, but we all know how that goes. Haha.

Tomorrow I'm going to take care of the title paperwork on my F350, and then I'm going to National Parts Depot to pick up some goodies. I have made myself a list of what I REALLY need and that is weather stripping and body mounts. I am going to do my best to not buy anything else, but we all know how that goes. Haha.

Must be nice to have NPD in your back yard.

Anyway, have you pulled the existing mounts? I was really surprised how rusty Dad's were. In fact I had to weld up the core support mounts because they were pretty badly rusted.

Must be nice to have NPD in your back yard.

Anyway, have you pulled the existing mounts? I was really surprised how rusty Dad's were. In fact I had to weld up the core support mounts because they were pretty badly rusted.

It really is, it's a twenty minute drive. Haha.

My core support mounts were actually in good shape, even though the passenger side of the core support was pretty rusty. Only thing on my frame that was even rusty was the rear cab crossmember and even it wasn't that bad.

It really is, it's a twenty minute drive. Haha.

My core support mounts were actually in good shape, even though the passenger side of the core support was pretty rusty. Only thing on my frame that was even rusty was the rear cab crossmember and even it wasn't that bad.

That's good that the metal is in such good shape. Just didn't want you to get already to put the new mounts on and discover you have to go back for the perches, or whatever the metal part is called.

But, if it is only 20 minutes away, that's no biggee. :nabble_smiley_good:

I've had Thrush muffs before, but hadn't heard of red ones. Are they different?

As for the tranny, how big of a mess did you make getting the pan off? I always make a huge one. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Gary, The old one's are blue, the one I bought a few days ago is red, also it is marked in/out..the blue is not, I just looked at a set I bought many years ago for my Econoline PU. They both look the same except for the in/out marking.

The only way to prevent a mess on the trans pan is to disconnect the cooler lines, and run it empty, which I don't suggest. I did drill two 1/2" holes in the crossmember to get the back bolts out/in. Nexxt time I'm under it ,I'll take some pics of how I did it.

Bill.........Install drain plug...FWIW, lowes has a morter mixing pan that is super for doing this sort of work,about 2x3 ft.

That's good that the metal is in such good shape. Just didn't want you to get already to put the new mounts on and discover you have to go back for the perches, or whatever the metal part is called.

The frame is already done so I've passed the point of mount replacement. ;)

The frame is already done so I've passed the point of mount replacement. ;)

:nabble_smiley_good: I forgot you were that far.

:nabble_smiley_good: I forgot you were that far.

When I used Big Blue and the trailer the other day there was a glitch and the trailer's wires got pulled out of the connector. I drove a ways with them disconnected, but when the trailer almost pushed me through an intersection I decided that we had to fix the wiring.

The plug had colors embossed on it so we wired it that way. And nothing worked - but the brakes. So today I fixed the wiring and tested it with Big Blue. :nabble_smiley_good:

And then I used the front hitch on BB to put the trailer up. I have ~4" of clearance between the trailer and the posts of the car port behind the shop, and with the truck in 4Lo and 1st gear I can line it up and put the trailer right in there.

Oh yes, Jonathan posted on FB yesterday about how the break-away cable is supposed to be connected from a trailer to the vehicle. Basically, NOT connected to the receiver so that if the receiver breaks off the vehicle the brakes will set on the trailer. But the cable on my new trailer had been woven through one of the safety chains, so I also removed that. In future when towing with Big Blue the cable will go over the ball that's on the bumper. But I'm not sure where it'll go on Blue. Gotta check that out.

I got the intake manifold off but snapped off 2 bolts off,both near the coolant ports. Grrrr now this novice had better find a friend who knows how to extract these things or the Bluebird of Happiness will be sitting awhile :nabble_smiley_cry:

My driver's side hinges were just about done for so I replaced them with the good set from my old cab. That ended up being a fun ordeal since the old hinges had washers between them and the door for whatever reason. Yanked those out, aligned the door, and now it closes like a dream.