Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Found some pretty clean fenders at the picknpull today.

These are getting hard to find around here.

Nice score! I need a set of those.

Since they are so hard to find around here, I've more or less just planned to go with new aftermarket. Any word on the fit and finish of them compared to the originals?

Aftermarket vs original? That would be an interesting comparison. I have an aftermarket R fender somewhere. Perhaps a test fitting and write up sometime in the near future.

And congrats on the cover pic!

I do love the way the original steering wheel looks. Mine however is all misshappen and cracked the center pad and around the center pad. I think also why my horn had gotten stuck on. I was thinking of replaceing it with the skinny one with just a horn button from LMC but i would not have my cruise control. Is it to difficult to move the cruise control buttons to another area all together?

All of the cruise control signals go through the 2-prong horn plug-in and rubbing contact that allows the steering wheel to spin. I do not know how easy (or not) it would be to relocate the buttons and still have the horn activate from the bar across the wheel.

I do have a number of junkyard horn pads that are in decent shape, but most of them are the van/econoline oak wood grain finish and won’t match your other wood trim. However, given the condition of yours they might be acceptable, or the trim could be painted. I don’t *think I have any more of the burl wood ones like yours. However I have stuff scattered everywhere and over the years my mental inventory is getting somewhat unreliable :nabble_smiley_blush:. I may come across one as we get moved into our new place, and I will keep you in mind.

I appreciate that! :nabble_anim_claps: While i would love to someday have a pretty and matching truck, right now the goal is for full functionality and reliability with pretty and matching a close second. I wouldn't mind the oak grain honestly as my pad has been broken for a while. Is why my horn got stuck and doesn't work, and also why i assume my cruise control stopped.

Am moving soon and with christmas, you understand its also not at the top of the list of course. But for sure please keep me in mind.

Since they are so hard to find around here, I've more or less just planned to go with new aftermarket. Any word on the fit and finish of them compared to the originals?

Swallow hard, Cory!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nos-Ford-Bronco-Truck-F100-150-250-RH-Fender-1980-81-82-83-84-85-86/113305427605?hash=item1a61879e95:g:Oo8AAOSwWlFbwOEp:rk:2:pf:0

Swallow hard, Cory!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nos-Ford-Bronco-Truck-F100-150-250-RH-Fender-1980-81-82-83-84-85-86/113305427605?hash=item1a61879e95:g:Oo8AAOSwWlFbwOEp:rk:2:pf:0

GASP!!! :nabble_smiley_argh:

Haha...well, that's a bit extreme now...

I don't know if they still have them, but Dennis Carpenter has them in the catalog...but ONLY the RH side. I forget exactly what the prices were...something like $99 each for left or right aftermarket front fenders, and $149 each for NOS OEM, but only the RH side.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha...well, that's a bit extreme now...

I don't know if they still have them, but Dennis Carpenter has them in the catalog...but ONLY the RH side. I forget exactly what the prices were...something like $99 each for left or right aftermarket front fenders, and $149 each for NOS OEM, but only the RH side.

Well, I actually DID something with my truck today - Dad's truck no less. I moved it onto the lift, for the first time in waaaay to long. Now I can continue the work on the front suspension parts. Here 'tis:

DSCN3292.jpg.788689f851e5c41cae31adfdfd2daf7a.jpg

That let me move the tranny and tool box into the open area, and here you can see the completed E4OD on the engine stand and the Tim Meyer 400 sitting on the floor:

DSCN3295.jpg.6a4c6030764872e2e426541a3c56b389.jpg

And, feeling good about things I then moved the front end parts to the work table so I can clean, blast, and paint/powder coat them (and some other things :nabble_smiley_wink:) to get this party going:

DSCN3294.jpg.10f32169b0ebce0dab541cc427f959ac.jpg

Then I added some wall art. Here's a shot of where it went, and David and Ray Cecil can point out the bits they brought. Thanks, guys!!! :nabble_anim_jump:

DSCN3289.jpg.69000fee00ef2830f0b0afde2d12c0d3.jpg

Well, I actually DID something with my truck today - Dad's truck no less. I moved it onto the lift, for the first time in waaaay to long. Now I can continue the work on the front suspension parts. Here 'tis:

That let me move the tranny and tool box into the open area, and here you can see the completed E4OD on the engine stand and the Tim Meyer 400 sitting on the floor:

And, feeling good about things I then moved the front end parts to the work table so I can clean, blast, and paint/powder coat them (and some other things :nabble_smiley_wink:) to get this party going:

Then I added some wall art. Here's a shot of where it went, and David and Ray Cecil can point out the bits they brought. Thanks, guys!!! :nabble_anim_jump:

That’s great Gary! It ~has been a while since you have made progress with Dad’s truck. Like I’m one to talk, but it’s good to see it back on the stand again and ready to be worked on 🙂

That’s great Gary! It ~has been a while since you have made progress with Dad’s truck. Like I’m one to talk, but it’s good to see it back on the stand again and ready to be worked on 🙂

The shop has been such a huge mess since I brought Huck in that I've not really been able to work in it. But over the last few days I've been chipping away at it, and I made a major push today to get it in reasonable shape before my son appears in the morning.

It is a good feeling to have enough things put away that I can actually see my way to doing some work. My plan is to get the front end under Dad's truck, which will take quite a bit of painting and/or powder coating. And then to be able to put the engine and transmission in, as they are ready. It'll be a long, long way from done, but it will be progress.

And then I'll turn to Big Blue.

DSCN3292.jpg

I LOVE the lighting in there Gary. Combined with the white walls and clean floor, that sure looks like a nice bright place to work.

DSCN3292.jpg

I LOVE the lighting in there Gary. Combined with the white walls and clean floor, that sure looks like a nice bright place to work.

Now that it is fairly clean it is a fun place to work. And the lighting worked out pretty well. I downloaded software from a lighting company and designed the system with it. The lights are, as you can see, close to the walls and use them as reflectors. That gets the light under hoods, on the brakes you are working on w/o having your head create a shadow, under vehicles on the lift, etc.