Bullnose Forum

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

6 hours ago, FordFETruck said:

Yeah, the link does exactly the same thing.

Ok, sorry for the delay in replying.  I'm currently on my way to a work meeting, waiting for a plane in Boston.  I have a few hours, let me see if I can get it fixed.

Ok, I've changed the code to detect if the browser is Firefox, and disable the redirection for now.  This means if you go directly to a forum link in the address bar, you won't get redirected to the main site and then to the right embedded forum thread, but it is better than an infinite loop.

The main thing we use to detect redirects works differently in Firefox than Chrome, Edge, and Safari.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ckuske said:

Ok, I've changed the code to detect if the browser is Firefox, and disable the redirection for now.  This means if you go directly to a forum link in the address bar, you won't get redirected to the main site and then to the right embedded forum thread, but it is better than an infinite loop.

The main thing we use to detect redirects works differently in Firefox than Chrome, Edge, and Safari.

Yeah, that fixed it. Works fine in Firefox now. Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ckuske said:

Thanks, Chris.  That's better.  Have a good trip and maybe you can have inspiration later.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Gary Lewis said:

Thanks, Chris.  That's better.  Have a good trip and maybe you can have inspiration later.

Thanks!  Yes, it’s going to bug me. I’ll be thinking about it on the next flight. 🙃

• Haha 1

Today, I learned that there are two sets of timing scales, and timing marks on a ford 300..  Yesterday, I set timing...  Didn't blow up, but should have figured something was up when the light was telling me 6 degrees ATDC, and the emissions sticker says 10 degrees BTDC..  

Today, I will verify that I set it to the correct set, (RH/Passenger side, and the small tick mark, not the large notch). 

Edited by Sid51x
  • Like 1

On 10/6/2024 at 7:43 PM, ckuske said:

@ckuske - I'm guessing this is the reason, but on my iPhone using Safari I can no longer get to the Weebly menu, so can't get to the documentation, et al. But I can with Chrome on the same iPhone.

The snip on the left is from Chrome with the Weebly menu circled in red.  The snip on the right is Safari, and there's no header from Weebly with the logo nor menu.

IMG_1987.thumb.jpg.85119968fe855f6f70b7eb907608ead3.jpgIMG_1988.thumb.PNG.55ce2817702e5eac32f11aba399b2b92.PNG

On 10/8/2024 at 7:38 AM, Gary Lewis said:

@ckuske - I'm guessing this is the reason, but on my iPhone using Safari I can no longer get to the Weebly menu, so can't get to the documentation, et al. But I can with Chrome on the same iPhone.

The snip on the left is from Chrome with the Weebly menu circled in red.  The snip on the right is Safari, and there's no header from Weebly with the logo nor menu.

IMG_1987.thumb.jpg.85119968fe855f6f70b7eb907608ead3.jpgIMG_1988.thumb.PNG.55ce2817702e5eac32f11aba399b2b92.PNG

Thanks Gary, I'll take a look.  I don't have a problem with Safari on my iPhone 15 Pro.  I imagine I must have more pixels available for it to fit?  I'll take a look this weekend, but it will be like playing Whack-A-Mole.  I'll upset some other combination if I "fix" this one.  I don't think this is from the Firefox change - I think it's from removing those drop down search widgets right after we migrated.

Last August 9th, storm Debby tail dropped here nearly 6" of rain.  I was on the road with Big Brother (I know, not the greatest idea).

Suddenly, arriving at a hill top, all vehicles on the other side were parked, there was an accident ahead.  I had to "heavily"apply the brakes, fortunately was able to stop without hitting the car ahead.  And the car behind me did the same.

But since that moment, the brake pedal was getting lower, and last week the brake warning light came on.  No oil leak, reservoir was full.

I replaced the Master Cylinder, and everything is fixed.  This part was already replaced two years ago.

Seems that while braking too hard, I was breaking the MC (ok, sorry for this questionable pun :nabble_smiley_whistling: ).