Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

..and the cassette player works really good too.

That's great! :nabble_smiley_good: Just something about the sound/feel of popping in a cassette in an old truck takes you back to their heyday.

I completely agree. I hope to use one of these with a cassette adapter, but I have some more convincing to do yet:

LAMTTO 9.26" Wireless Car Stereo Apple Carplay with 2.5K Dash Cam, 1080P Backup Camera, Portable Touchscreen GPS Navigation for Car, Car Stereo Receiver with Bluetooth, AirPlay, AUX/FM, Googel, Siri

I was only there once many years ago checking out OSU with a then girlfriend and her parents. Remember liking the campus.

My setup is-

Amp: Kicker DXA250.4 CK8

Sub: Kicker 11HS8

Speakers: Kicker CSS65

The door panels already had separate tweeters installed in the top front corners or else I would have gone a different route just to avoid cutting holes myself.

I know the amp is bridged but without going out there and checking, I can't recall the specifics on that. One of those 'did the research, set it up, forgot the details' type things. If it helps anyone happy to look though.

It's plenty loud windows up or down (again to me anyways). This is with all of the cab/door soundproofing and speaker baffles so that factors in some I am sure or at least hope :nabble_smiley_beam:

You have a much better headunit than I have from what I recall.

You seemed to have Kickered the habit. :nabble_smiley_evil:

I don’t remember what speakers I have, but need to document that as it is one of the last bits not written down yet. But the head unit is a Sony DSX-GS80. That’s got an “high-power” amp in it so there isn’t a separate amp. It is plenty loud but there’s just no bass.

..and the cassette player works really good too.

That's great! :nabble_smiley_good: Just something about the sound/feel of popping in a cassette in an old truck takes you back to their heyday.

Or just the looks!! Once I get the OE radio brackets and buttons installed it should be complete.

8CF81FB1-8D67-415E-BCDB-7F3304DA87D9.jpeg.db99823351937c68d09251b061e2fe71.jpeg

Or just the looks!! Once I get the OE radio brackets and buttons installed it should be complete.

That looks pretty similar, just compact cassette vs 8 track! Well, you do have the extra T also. IMG_2636.jpeg.5e94a5ee042a151fbcb190552afac99c.jpeg

That looks pretty similar, just compact cassette vs 8 track! Well, you do have the extra T also.

Today we installed a new blower motor resistor. And we vacuumed out all the leaves. Now we can adjust how fast the heat hits us and there's not any leaf flutter from inside the vents!

IMG_2752.jpeg.dd5154b43f003066eb524a9f394a6b6d.jpeg

at least the 8 track will shift channels for you. sometimes in the middle of your favorite song or a killer guitar riff. but it was automatic and would just keep going. the cassettes ran out and you had to turn them over. at least until auto rewind came along. and don't forget to keep a number 2 pencil in the glovebox.

at least the 8 track will shift channels for you. sometimes in the middle of your favorite song or a killer guitar riff. but it was automatic and would just keep going. the cassettes ran out and you had to turn them over. at least until auto rewind came along. and don't forget to keep a number 2 pencil in the glovebox.

Not only that, this particular model we have LOUDLY ejects the cassette the moment you turn off the car or the radio. I'm hoping I can get accustomed to that. It sounds like something mechanical exploded in the dash.

Not only that, this particular model we have LOUDLY ejects the cassette the moment you turn off the car or the radio. I'm hoping I can get accustomed to that. It sounds like something mechanical exploded in the dash.

merely a nostalgic nuance. after a while you will wonder how you ever lived without it.

That looks pretty similar, just compact cassette vs 8 track! Well, you do have the extra T also.

That 8 track player came from a late 70s car. I am afraid I don't understand "do have the extra T also".