Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Well, at 76 I can honestly say I'm an old man. And I spend some time on the forum, so I guess that's an apt name.

I disagree!

This is an old trucks forum, and we have couple of really young Bullnose owners here!

I look everywhere, I only see young at heart enthusiastic people in this Forum!

:nabble_anim_jump:

Road Trip preparation:

• New road tires (used to keep winter agressive ones all year long, since Big Brother usually doesn't wheel a lot). Will be more comfortable, more easy on the fuel and more quiet.

C1C0B96F-1B84-4C44-A48C-76C9ABC736DE.jpeg.dcc0162397bb207867f9766edbd120c8.jpeg

611F1361-1578-4DE9-ADB6-5EA902422425.jpeg.2ae003347d3cabc6a58ac4df65a8d56f.jpeg

3159A4DC-7331-48E3-949B-984F8839320B.jpeg.83e838dadfd37654c60af0a30aca7319.jpeg

• Tested a seat cushion, very comfortable. For long lasting drives.

C8D64F3E-DF98-467A-B1C3-22ADF02BC2AC.jpeg.2b42dc4dfd43be6b8f44d7b03235c0f4.jpeg

• Replaced the fuel pump (kept the old one as a spare. We never know). And while working there, replaced the fuel line between pump and carb (old one seemed slightly leek at the pump connection).

• Repaired the front seat rails, they did not "clip" well when the seat was pushed far from steering.

I discovered they were slightly bend, so straightened them with hammer. Slide now as new.

Also, nothing to see with road trip, but had them since couple of months and did not find time to install these new interior door panels.

It's done.

7817F0B3-940B-428D-9E25-5D2B6CC5618E.jpeg.eee1ba32663fc8dc8d2fc2d885edd6d6.jpeg

594E5040-EBF2-4B35-8A02-BB6D861768BA.jpeg.54832b347243bc2c7f0256fd250a4c0d.jpeg

Road Trip preparation:

• New road tires (used to keep winter agressive ones all year long, since Big Brother usually doesn't wheel a lot). Will be more comfortable, more easy on the fuel and more quiet.

• Replaced the fuel pump (kept the old one as a spare. We never know). And while working there, replaced the fuel line between pump and carb (old one seemed slightly leek at the pump connection).

• Repaired the front seat rails, they did not "clip" well when the seat was pushed far from steering.

I discovered they were slightly bend, so straightened them with hammer. Slide now as new.

Also, nothing to see with road trip, but had them since couple of months and did not find time to install these new interior door panels.

It's done.

Looking smart!!!

Road Trip preparation:

It's done.

That's looking real good, I love the factory white wheels on these trucks.

Eventful day here, got 7 bags of sand at 60# each in the bed and that took it from horse drawn carriage rough to rough truck rough. I'm going to try it without the sand soon because my rear shocks showed up. Took a couple hours including a trip to the hardware store with no rear shocks but I have to say I get the hype on these Fox shocks now. The back rides softer than the front and it feels more controlled than it ever did, they're not just soft. It softens the impact but doesn't rebound at all. I took it through some wheel breaker potholes and it's never been this good. The fronts show up this weekend so I'll be making them work on Monday probably. Once I have them all installed I'll make a reference post here about which ones can be made to fit our trucks, the only stop I ran into was changing the bushings on top and cutting (because I didn't want another trip to the store) the bottom ones.

Screenshot_20230628_132452_Gallery.jpg.1a2fc931b0c0761a3b355e609126259c.jpg

Screenshot_20230628_132542_Gallery.thumb.jpg.bc571737e5b998d93537e13edc97ce23.jpg

Once I have them all installed I'll make a reference post here about which ones can be made to fit our trucks, the only stop I ran into was changing the bushings on top and cutting (because I didn't want another trip to the store) the bottom ones.

You have followers! Can't wait for your conclusion!

:nabble_anim_claps:

Wow! Looks good! Where you tripping to? :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Gary, you remember this crazy idea?

:nabble_smiley_whistling:

You mean this????

Jeff - You could drive him to the show in September. Come on the east side of the great lakes and go back up the west side. You'd have paint everywhere!

Gary, don't laugh too loud, but I had such conversation with my wife, couple of months ago.

She looked at me as if I was really sick.

That's looking real good, I love the factory white wheels on these trucks.

Eventful day here, got 7 bags of sand at 60# each in the bed and that took it from horse drawn carriage rough to rough truck rough. I'm going to try it without the sand soon because my rear shocks showed up. Took a couple hours including a trip to the hardware store with no rear shocks but I have to say I get the hype on these Fox shocks now. The back rides softer than the front and it feels more controlled than it ever did, they're not just soft. It softens the impact but doesn't rebound at all. I took it through some wheel breaker potholes and it's never been this good. The fronts show up this weekend so I'll be making them work on Monday probably. Once I have them all installed I'll make a reference post here about which ones can be made to fit our trucks, the only stop I ran into was changing the bushings on top and cutting (because I didn't want another trip to the store) the bottom ones.

I like the idea of the Fox shocks. I've heard great things about them, so am anxious to see what you think with all four on. :nabble_smiley_good:

I like the idea of the Fox shocks. I've heard great things about them, so am anxious to see what you think with all four on. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'll make the detailed post here and when people ask anywhere else I'll funnel them here lol. This wasn't hard though, I just looked at our collapsed and extended lengths and found Fox ones that are the same. I've got adapters to convert the front shocks from stem top to eyelet so that's already taken care of.

I've got these ready to go on the blazer when it gets home, they're adjustable too which could be nice.

Screenshot_20230628_144921_Gallery.thumb.jpg.9d57ec74c45c8b28f1aaa56d4ce20edb.jpg

This is all much easier than figuring out the suspension to lift a Taurus SHO was though.