Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Thank you, I will poke around the thread too.

Looks like things are scattered, but here are some links:

Fender and Engine Grounds

Aux Battery to Frame Ground

RH Fender to Cab Ground

Engine to Firewall Ground

But I didn't find pictures of the radiator support/fender, the aux battery/driver's fender, nor the driver's fender/cab grounds. I can take pics later today if you'd like.

Looks like things are scattered, but here are some links:

Fender and Engine Grounds

Aux Battery to Frame Ground

RH Fender to Cab Ground

Engine to Firewall Ground

But I didn't find pictures of the radiator support/fender, the aux battery/driver's fender, nor the driver's fender/cab grounds. I can take pics later today if you'd like.

Thanks Gary, that really helps me. I had strange earth straps between the battery and the front cross member and the battery to the passenger fender. Your pics gives me some good ideas how to clean those up .

Thanks Gary, that really helps me. I had strange earth straps between the battery and the front cross member and the battery to the passenger fender. Your pics gives me some good ideas how to clean those up .

Recently I scored a set of good condition bumper guards for less than $50 shipped. The bidding started low, I threw in $1 above starting bid, and nobody else bid so I won them. I thought for sure there would be a bidding war, but nope.

I was hoping to find a good condition complete premium bumper, but I haven't had any luck so I guess I will have to piece one together.

Recently I scored a set of good condition bumper guards for less than $50 shipped. The bidding started low, I threw in $1 above starting bid, and nobody else bid so I won them. I thought for sure there would be a bidding war, but nope.

I was hoping to find a good condition complete premium bumper, but I haven't had any luck so I guess I will have to piece one together.

Nice score!

No bidding war seems rare lately.

Yes, nice score! You got lucky. :nabble_smiley_good:

Today I... upgraded to a PMGR starter.

The starter I obtained is a cheap used one off eBay. From a totaled '95 F150 with a 5.0 and an automatic (AODE?), 97K miles (looks to be the original starter). Not ideal (it's pretty rusty, what original paint was left was bubbly and I brushed off), but for $45 shipped, I figured it was worth a shot (and if nothing else, I have a correct core to swap out).

Old and new starter comparison:

IMG_20220218_172924a.jpg.25848949be7c666bdc864e7d07a6434e.jpg

I didn't remember to count the teeth, but they appear to be identical, which indicates 10 tooth gears. Within the boss, the pinion shaft location is different... but it all still lined up just fine.

Starter and Power wiring redone:

IMG_20220218_172957.jpg.0a3bd591770025f5b5cbc6ecad14c806.jpg

IMG_20220218_175909a.jpg.4ffacfc51de6f674422305bb98da0598.jpg

I had to redo the power distribution slightly to reduce the number of ring terminals... I didn't have room for the starter power cable otherwise (it's still pretty full, so I may have to add some other form of power distribution if anything else comes down the line)

Starter installed:

IMG_20220218_175153a.jpg.ab9887a24dcb5f6c4953597f90a76b06.jpg

Test fire: (still on the fast idle cam, but not a true cold start)

The good news: it cranks a lot faster... and unlike my old starter, it doesn't seem to want to stall at first. The old starter was an Ultima reman (from the looks of it, at least). Not to mention this should be less wear and tear on my flexplate teeth and on the starter relay.

The "bad" news: it sounds like a newer truck starting up... sounds exactly like my 1995 ranger. Not really "bad" as much as it's "weird".

The starter I obtained is a cheap used one off eBay. From a totaled '95 F150 with a 5.0 and an automatic (AODE?), 97K miles (looks to be the original starter). Not ideal (it's pretty rusty, what original paint was left was bubbly and I brushed off), but for $45 shipped, I figured it was worth a shot (and if nothing else, I have a correct core to swap out).

I didn't remember to count the teeth, but they appear to be identical, which indicates 10 tooth gears. Within the boss, the pinion shaft location is different... but it all still lined up just fine.

I had to redo the power distribution slightly to reduce the number of ring terminals... I didn't have room for the starter power cable otherwise (it's still pretty full, so I may have to add some other form of power distribution if anything else comes down the line)

Starter installed:

The good news: it cranks a lot faster... and unlike my old starter, it doesn't seem to want to stall at first. The old starter was an Ultima reman (from the looks of it, at least). Not to mention this should be less wear and tear on my flexplate teeth and on the starter relay.

The "bad" news: it sounds like a newer truck starting up... sounds exactly like my 1995 ranger. Not really "bad" as much as it's "weird".

Yup, it sounds just like a new one. And that's not bad, at all. :nabble_smiley_wink:

As for the connections, you could consider a "repair stud".

71j884hRNL.thumb.jpg.33177d72718e1daf460558e21757fecc.jpg

Starter installed:

Nice! That’s cool!

Hit the jackpot today. Went to a scrapyard and they had a bullnose f250....I picked some interior pieces I'd wanted but was a tad bit let down that they only had the one unit. There's one other scrap yard in the town I was in (Texarkana,TX) and decided to go ahead and take a look. I also have been building a jeep wj for several years and I'm always snagging parts for it. that's when I hit the JACKPOT Three bullnose units two of which are practically complete! I've been picking parts for years and these are top quality! I loaded up with parts.... bought the entire bed of one of them, I go pick it up in a week or so. Scored a real nice Grant steering wheel ($10) a NICE front grille....lots and lots of parts! I'm pumped.

Hit the jackpot today. Went to a scrapyard and they had a bullnose f250....I picked some interior pieces I'd wanted but was a tad bit let down that they only had the one unit. There's one other scrap yard in the town I was in (Texarkana,TX) and decided to go ahead and take a look. I also have been building a jeep wj for several years and I'm always snagging parts for it. that's when I hit the JACKPOT Three bullnose units two of which are practically complete! I've been picking parts for years and these are top quality! I loaded up with parts.... bought the entire bed of one of them, I go pick it up in a week or so. Scored a real nice Grant steering wheel ($10) a NICE front grille....lots and lots of parts! I'm pumped.

Nice find!