Bullnose Forum

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Used my truck and U Haulem tow dolly to tow my sons beemer to the shop.

Said shop put a new radiator in my Bronco last week. Nice Champion aluminum 4 row. New hoses.

Got a Marti report for my truck and Bronco. Found out my Bronco has super cooling. Glad I got those reports, they’re pretty cool.

You have been busy. And the truck has been useful. :nabble_smiley_good:

You have been busy. And the truck has been useful. :nabble_smiley_good:

1983 F100 LWB, pulls ever so slightly to right, is there anything I can do without upsetting the geometry?

There is no tire wear that is detectable, also enough miles to have a wear pattern if alignment is needed.

Maybe poly bushings.

Bill

1983 F100 LWB, pulls ever so slightly to right, is there anything I can do without upsetting the geometry?

There is no tire wear that is detectable, also enough miles to have a wear pattern if alignment is needed.

Maybe poly bushings.

Bill

check to make sure that you dont have a brake dragging.

inspect all bushings.

a sagging spring could also do this but by changing the geometry so that should cause inner shoulder wear

check to make sure that you dont have a brake dragging.

inspect all bushings.

a sagging spring could also do this but by changing the geometry so that should cause inner shoulder wear

Finally got around to checking stuff, no sag on pass side, brakes OK, trailing/stabilizer arm bushings a little dried out looking is the only visual problems. Is there enough axle movement to replace the bushings without a major undertaking?

Thanks, Bill

Finally got around to checking stuff, no sag on pass side, brakes OK, trailing/stabilizer arm bushings a little dried out looking is the only visual problems. Is there enough axle movement to replace the bushings without a major undertaking?

Thanks, Bill

i have done it. if there is a sway bar i would take it loose and let it dangle or slip up and forward depending on which you take loose. then a chain pull can be used to draw the axle forward and out of the radius arm bracket. swap bushings and reassemble. that's a very simple explanation but it aint easy! and it is NOT the proper method, but you asked if it could be done. truthfuly, it's not the safest. however, it is very likely that bolts can be so rusted, and age hardened where they are that to get everything loose might be a huge job. sometimes you get lucky though. i just pulled an 83 out of the woods and stripped it down for total restoration and some bolts still had the factory gold coloring in protected areas and it came apart like it had been bolted together the week before. only needed to torck one bolt and that was below the battery

i have done it. if there is a sway bar i would take it loose and let it dangle or slip up and forward depending on which you take loose. then a chain pull can be used to draw the axle forward and out of the radius arm bracket. swap bushings and reassemble. that's a very simple explanation but it aint easy! and it is NOT the proper method, but you asked if it could be done. truthfuly, it's not the safest. however, it is very likely that bolts can be so rusted, and age hardened where they are that to get everything loose might be a huge job. sometimes you get lucky though. i just pulled an 83 out of the woods and stripped it down for total restoration and some bolts still had the factory gold coloring in protected areas and it came apart like it had been bolted together the week before. only needed to torck one bolt and that was below the battery

Crimped and shrink wrapped some 1/0 cable. This will be for my new powermaster 150A alternator. That is a 175A fuse. Obviously I am not running 10 ft, I will cut it to make some more cables for the starter relay to the battery and i have black cable in 1/0 and 6 for grounds.

37F9CD0A-4617-4251-9CEB-5681F9481E18.thumb.jpeg.e69bfaa8c04ca94bb3aba04b718d4241.jpeg

Crimped and shrink wrapped some 1/0 cable. This will be for my new powermaster 150A alternator. That is a 175A fuse. Obviously I am not running 10 ft, I will cut it to make some more cables for the starter relay to the battery and i have black cable in 1/0 and 6 for grounds.

I love overkill! And you have it, in spades. Here's how I did my grounds.

Ground_Wiring.thumb.jpg.2cafcb7da032b7c5304eb1e19690d00f.jpg