Bullnose Forum

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

There is no page listing. It is all divided by section, of which there are many. In 2003, there are five total volumes of the MPC. Volume 1 and 2 cover the illustration and text for F-Series (including Excursion), E-Series, Ranger, and Windstar. Volumes 3, 4, and 5 cover the rest of Ford's SUV fleet like the Explorer, the Escape, etc. And Ford seems to have a different MPC for every year, and I can't seem to find a grouped together version like we have. So it seems the MPC has definitely grown to cover the vast array of vehicles that Ford now offers.

Fear not however, as it is still just as misleading as the 80s version. I have seen numerous pictures showing 80's Rangers and F-Series trucks, and I have seen part numbers completely missing from a section, even though there is a picture of the item right next to the text listing. :nabble_anim_confused:

Yikes! So now the MPC covers a single year and singleish series. But it has the illustrations and text versions together? Boy, things have changed. Except the bit about mistakes/omissions. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Yikes! So now the MPC covers a single year and singleish series. But it has the illustrations and text versions together? Boy, things have changed. Except the bit about mistakes/omissions. :nabble_smiley_wink:

No, the illustrations and text are two separate volumes for the pickups and E-Series. But, when I was looking into the decal transfers for the Ranger, there was a page next to the part numbers in the text section with an illustration of the different decals available for the Ranger. So there does look to be some crossover between the text volume and the illustration volume.

What I found interesting is that there were some decals listed that were only used from 1998-2001, and yet they were still listed in the 2003 copy. I have three different friends who own 99-02 Super Duties, and parts for their trucks show up in this catalog too. And most of the listings for Ranger say 96 on, even though there are MANY different parts between a 1996 and a 2003. This thing is just as confusing as the 80-89 version. :nabble_anim_crazy:

No, the illustrations and text are two separate volumes for the pickups and E-Series. But, when I was looking into the decal transfers for the Ranger, there was a page next to the part numbers in the text section with an illustration of the different decals available for the Ranger. So there does look to be some crossover between the text volume and the illustration volume.

What I found interesting is that there were some decals listed that were only used from 1998-2001, and yet they were still listed in the 2003 copy. I have three different friends who own 99-02 Super Duties, and parts for their trucks show up in this catalog too. And most of the listings for Ranger say 96 on, even though there are MANY different parts between a 1996 and a 2003. This thing is just as confusing as the 80-89 version. :nabble_anim_crazy:

LOL! Bill/Numberdummy wouldn't appreciate us being critical of the MPC's, and while they are so much better than anything else they certainly have their issues.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL! Bill/Numberdummy wouldn't appreciate us being critical of the MPC's, and while they are so much better than anything else they certainly have their issues.

Eunice got some love today. Ripped out the old seats and vinyl floor. Found some rust and a couple small holes in the passenger footwell. So I hit it with some rust converter, a smidge of fiber glass to get through the winter and a coat of primer.

The NOS vinyl floor is brittle and cracked/split already. Knowing what i do now about these old materials i would never have bought it. Looks like i will be replacing it later in the year for a new one.

The seats are from shop4seats.42936CC6-FD42-4BCB-9C6A-C0D420A7427B.jpeg.35ae2e81c3dc5c786c6816e26458a4c8.jpeg

215209C7-1961-4450-AE47-C135B3AF633C.jpeg.e4fb436342a5347b20dc115aca2b1d9d.jpeg

E88763CE-6701-4722-AC28-23473561C8C2.thumb.jpeg.9499e95026f516a0f73dea7dbdd8d142.jpeg

Eunice got some love today. Ripped out the old seats and vinyl floor. Found some rust and a couple small holes in the passenger footwell. So I hit it with some rust converter, a smidge of fiber glass to get through the winter and a coat of primer.

The NOS vinyl floor is brittle and cracked/split already. Knowing what i do now about these old materials i would never have bought it. Looks like i will be replacing it later in the year for a new one.

The seats are from shop4seats.

Nice! Look comfy!

The seats look great! How did you mount them?

I am super happy with them.

I ordered the subframe and mounting brackets from the same website. Honestly that part is not the best, the alignment was tricky and their tolerances were bunk. I actually had to use a hammer at one point.

Good to know. Thanks.

Busy past two days. Redid most of the cooling system. New heater core and radiator both were leaking. Thermostat, sensor, and water pump.

Couldn’t get the trans cooling lines unbolted so I had to cut and tie in rubber hosing to the new rad via some air tool brass fittings from Home Depot.

Open to a better solution for that if anyone has one haha

Busy past two days. Redid most of the cooling system. New heater core and radiator both were leaking. Thermostat, sensor, and water pump.

Couldn’t get the trans cooling lines unbolted so I had to cut and tie in rubber hosing to the new rad via some air tool brass fittings from Home Depot.

Open to a better solution for that if anyone has one haha

Assuming you used hose rated for that there shouldn't be a problem.