Bullnose Forum

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

What is the problem? Your wife wants to USE the truck? :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

My wife is the single messiest person on this planet! She has Eunice stinking of horse poop real bad!

Maybe you need another truck? A work truck. Something she can stink up. :nabble_smiley_evil:

On the other hand, you and the Husky like the buckets, so use them in the man cave for a while?

Maybe you need another truck? A work truck. Something she can stink up. :nabble_smiley_evil:

On the other hand, you and the Husky like the buckets, so use them in the man cave for a while?

I did float the idea of another Bullnose! I got a scowl… besides, they are so expensive now i am not sure I could justify a buying a 4th one… and we we are at 5 vehicles as it is😖

My pup (10 yo) loves riding in the trucks. I will definitely move then to the mancave so we can hangout. When i do swap the seats out i may get the old seat recovered and ask my welding friend to make a frame up so i can use it as a couch in the mancave. I think the puppy will appreciate it!

I did float the idea of another Bullnose! I got a scowl… besides, they are so expensive now i am not sure I could justify a buying a 4th one… and we we are at 5 vehicles as it is😖

My pup (10 yo) loves riding in the trucks. I will definitely move then to the mancave so we can hangout. When i do swap the seats out i may get the old seat recovered and ask my welding friend to make a frame up so i can use it as a couch in the mancave. I think the puppy will appreciate it!

Obviously the puppy would appreciate it.

As for another truck, you are in the perfect part of the country to keep your eyes open for a good deal. And good deals there are sooooo much better than elsewhere. Perhaps pick up one that doesn't need much and put it to work.

I assumed that pretty much all oil filters had anti-drain back valves. Is that not the case? I just install a Fram on my 302 and now you have me worried:nabble_smiley_oh_no:

Sparky,

Two filters that I avoid...Fram, STP, had bad experience with both, drainback, and no circulation/flow.

Bill

Sparky,

Two filters that I avoid...Fram, STP, had bad experience with both, drainback, and no circulation/flow.

Bill

F250 and F350 4x4 trucks have a "boxed" panel that is riveted and welded to the passenger side frame rail. Broncos also seem to have it, although F150 4x4 trucks do not. Anyways, my F350 started life as a 4x2, and so it does not have this panel. I unfortunately suffer from obsessiveness and really wanted to have this panel on my frame, so I cut the panel from a spare frame I have laying around, and will be welding/bolting it to my 4x2 frame. Of course none of the holes line up, but that's to be expected since literally nothing else lined up on this 4x4 swap except the brackets for the brake line. I'm not really sure what purpose this panel serves other than to box the frame in that area, but I'll feel better having it on there.

DSCN2452.jpg.3d11167d31ac00e7bd3f8bfae49d036a.jpg

DSCN2451.jpg.307eafb67861bd01453dd2f7b3c6bde0.jpg

F250 and F350 4x4 trucks have a "boxed" panel that is riveted and welded to the passenger side frame rail. Broncos also seem to have it, although F150 4x4 trucks do not. Anyways, my F350 started life as a 4x2, and so it does not have this panel. I unfortunately suffer from obsessiveness and really wanted to have this panel on my frame, so I cut the panel from a spare frame I have laying around, and will be welding/bolting it to my 4x2 frame. Of course none of the holes line up, but that's to be expected since literally nothing else lined up on this 4x4 swap except the brackets for the brake line. I'm not really sure what purpose this panel serves other than to box the frame in that area, but I'll feel better having it on there.

Sounds like a good plan, Shaun. If I remember right the welding is on the top and bottom flanges, right? So no serious heating to the vertical part of the frame? That's frowned upon.

Sounds like a good plan, Shaun. If I remember right the welding is on the top and bottom flanges, right? So no serious heating to the vertical part of the frame? That's frowned upon.

Yep, top and bottom. There is a rivet at the bottom front, two on the engine crossmember, and one up above. I'll be putting bolts in those spots. The 4x2 frames have two holes (each side) at the front for the sway bar bracket (the one that always gets bent up on half tons). But of course the holes in the 4x2 frame don't line up with the holes in the 4x4 bracket. One of the holes is really close, so I may be able to trim the bracket to bring it in line with that existing hole.