Bullnose Forums

Is this the rare trim???

Now, I'm lucky if I find one bullnose and they're usually always base models.

Sad, isn't it. It was a depressing moment on my last trip when there were two of them in the 'to crush' pile and another had been drug out from the thorns meaning its days are numbered. Especially after you've pulled parts off them in the past.

I usually bring some type of snipping tool to take care of nature when I know I'm going to a junkyard with less than ideal landscaping.

I literally built my F150 using junkyard parts. There were more junkyard parts on that truck than original parts since I changed so many things on the truck. Now I'm struggling to find anything useful, although I have been lucky with things like my radiator support, clutch pedal assembly, and my under dash light harness.

It wouldn't surprise me if the newer style trim is different, my only experience is with my old 1980.

Back in 2008 when I bought my old F150, every single junkyard I went to had at least 10 bullnose trucks in it. I could pick parts for days and still have other things to pick. Now, I'm lucky if I find one bullnose and they're usually always base models.

I have experienced the same thing here in SC. 10 years ago, I had my pick of at least 10 Bullnoses at the junkyard. Today, I may find one - usually already picked clean or pilled up between other wrecks. I guess that means that the value of our trucks are going to go up?

That early 1980 trim molding with the raised "trapezoid" style insert matches the optional rub strips found on the front and rear bumpers of the 1980 - 1986 trucks perfectly. I wonder why Ford replaced it with the flatter style after only one year?

It wouldn't surprise me if the newer style trim is different, my only experience is with my old 1980.

Back in 2008 when I bought my old F150, every single junkyard I went to had at least 10 bullnose trucks in it. I could pick parts for days and still have other things to pick. Now, I'm lucky if I find one bullnose and they're usually always base models.

I have experienced the same thing here in SC. 10 years ago, I had my pick of at least 10 Bullnoses at the junkyard. Today, I may find one - usually already picked clean or pilled up between other wrecks. I guess that means that the value of our trucks are going to go up?

That early 1980 trim molding with the raised "trapezoid" style insert matches the optional rub strips found on the front and rear bumpers of the 1980 - 1986 trucks perfectly. I wonder why Ford replaced it with the flatter style after only one year?

Just a theory, but I assume there were issues with the vinyl falling off or coming loose due to it's size. The weight of all that extra vinyl may have been too much for the barbed clips.

“ I have experienced the same thing here in SC. 10 years ago, I had my pick of at least 10 Bullnoses at the junkyard. Today, I may find one - usually already picked clean or pilled up between other wrecks. I guess that means that the value of our trucks are going to go up?“

I’d say they’re being scrapped. A number of calls to jy end in disbelief after I’m told “it’s gone.”

Me: “oh, you sold it? I thought you couldn’t...

Them: “No, we crushed it.”

Me: 32A31EB6-BFEF-47A4-9B60-BA850244A0A8.gif.39f092ea3423972503bb57f3130bd656.gif

Took this earlier this week in the jy. I like the scheme and pinstripes. And the trim is relevant :nabble_smiley_beam:

(As you can see - you pay for these trucks parts in bloody arms and hands)

Would you be willing to go back and recover that trim? I don’t need it, but I’m sure it could be cleaned up and with new 3M adhesive tape, it would be useful to someone.

I don’t know for sure, but would this chrome tape be a suitable replacement for the discolored faded cracked original?

https://www.dennis-carpenter.com/en/trucks/exterior/body-mouldings/d7tz-1042430-a-plastic-chrome-moulding-rear

7A6BD6BF-8287-45A9-A146-1F6878A3E010.png.1131d74af833d98d0ded2b932ecd3c74.png

Would you be willing to go back and recover that trim? I don’t need it, but I’m sure it could be cleaned up and with new 3M adhesive tape, it would be useful to someone.

I don’t know for sure, but would this chrome tape be a suitable replacement for the discolored faded cracked original?

https://www.dennis-carpenter.com/en/trucks/exterior/body-mouldings/d7tz-1042430-a-plastic-chrome-moulding-rear

Yeah, there's still a really good bullnose selection there and happy to pull any parts anyone needs for their truck.

Yeah, there's still a really good bullnose selection there and happy to pull any parts anyone needs for their truck.

I am looking for that lower trim with the black insert. I want to add it to my truck to add some break up when the truck is final painted white. I know it will be kind of a pain to put the brackets in, thinking I may be able to use adhesive instead of drilling panels. My back up is to use the pressure sensitive molding from 87+ as it is available.

Unbroken Pillar trim is also always a nice thing to have. There are no bullnose's in the junk yards near me.