Bullnose Forums

Wiring harness for 1985 F150 EFI 5.0 with MAP sensor

sgauvry

Hey guys, I tried to start a new thread but it wouldn't allow me to. I have an 85 F150 4x4 5.0 EFI. I bought it and it had been sitting in a field for 7 years. Majority of the wiring under the dash is trash, due to rats, not sure that I can even see what goes where to splice wire into it. I got a wiring harness from an 86 f150 with carberated engine from a salvage. Would this be a direct replacement since mine is EFI and the salvaged truck was not?

Slane - You may have missed the email I sent you asking you to go to the New Members Start Here, read the guidelines, and then post an introduction there before posting elsewhere.

We do that because we will hold you to the guidelines so want to ensure you've had a chance to see them. We will wait to respond to your question until you've done that step.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I tried to start a new thread but it wouldn't allow me to. I have an 85 F150 4x4 5.0 EFI. I bought it and it had been sitting in a field for 7 years. Majority of the wiring under the dash is trash, due to rats, not sure that I can even see what goes where to splice wire into it. I got a wiring harness from an 86 f150 with carberated engine from a salvage. Would this be a direct replacement since mine is EFI and the salvaged truck was not?

The dash harness on the 1985/86 trucks is actually a continuous harness, left headlight to right. It passes through the firewall on each side. It should be pretty much the same other than Ford was in the process of changing the wire markings from dashes or dots for the second color to a continuous stripe.

The left (driver's) side was built as a somewhat universal harness, essentially it provides battery voltage or a resistance ignition feed. The mating underhood portion is ignition system specific.

Good luck with it!