Bullnose Forums

Lifting my f100

KeithF100

Keith - Welcome to the forum. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Please don't miss the request in the email you were sent to go to the New Members Start Here folder and read the guidelines. Those are important as abiding by them is required to be a member.

I'm not up on the lift kits so will let the others answer that one. But where's home? We have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to add you if you would give me a town/city.

Keith - Welcome to the forum. :nabble_anim_handshake:Please don't miss the request in the email you were sent to go to the New Members Start Here folder and read the guidelines. Those are important as abiding by them is required to be a member.I'm not up on the lift kits so will let the others answer that one. But where's home? We have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to add you if you would give me a town/city.
Hey, thank you. I'm in Charleston SC.

You are now on the map.

By the way, your last post was via email, and that works. But it also brings in a lot of "stuff" that clutters up your thread. You might want to take a look at the thread by logging in to see if you want that "stuff" in there. If not, just click on the link in the email notification you get and that will take you to the forum and post from there. No "stuff". :nabble_smiley_wink:

You are now on the map.By the way, your last post was via email, and that works. But it also brings in a lot of "stuff" that clutters up your thread. You might want to take a look at the thread by logging in to see if you want that "stuff" in there. If not, just click on the link in the email notification you get and that will take you to the forum and post from there. No "stuff". :nabble_smiley_wink:
Roger that.  I don't need unneeded stuff. 😏. Except my truck. 

On Tue, Oct 29, 2019, 9:03 AM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

You're not gonna find a lift for an F100, but you will find them for an F150. The main things that lift the suspension are the radius arm brackets, the coils, and the pivot brackets. These are the same between F100 and F150. So an F150 kit should work fine on your F100. I know for sure Rough Country offers 2wd lift kits for these trucks.

The problem you're gonna have is that your truck is probably equipped with king pin beams. Suspension lift kits alter the angles of the suspension, and often require an alignment. Aligning a kingpin setup is a fading art, and not many people know how to do it properly. So you may run into issues there, or you may not. You won't know until after you lift it.

You're not gonna find a lift for an F100, but you will find them for an F150. The main things that lift the suspension are the radius arm brackets, the coils, and the pivot brackets. These are the same between F100 and F150. So an F150 kit should work fine on your F100. I know for sure Rough Country offers 2wd lift kits for these trucks. The problem you're gonna have is that your truck is probably equipped with king pin beams. Suspension lift kits alter the angles of the suspension, and often require an alignment. Aligning a kingpin setup is a fading art, and not many people know how to do it properly. So you may run into issues there, or you may not. You won't know until after you lift it.
Thank you so much for that information.  I’ve heard abt leveling kits and that they could be an option, what do you think abt those?  I just want it up a bit to put on larger tires so it looks cool. 

On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 5:21 PM salans7 [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

You're basically gonna run into the same issues as before mentioned. The leveling kits are generally just new slightly taller springs, or even just a spacer that goes under the spring, and they can have the same effect as an actual lift kit.

You're basically gonna run into the same issues as before mentioned. The leveling kits are generally just new slightly taller springs, or even just a spacer that goes under the spring, and they can have the same effect as an actual lift kit.
Aargh. I was hoping for something simple.   😁

It's entirely possible that the alignment would be okay, some trucks have issues, and others don't. It really just depends. If you were to swap out the kingpin I beams for newer ball joint beams, the alignment would be less of an issue. But that creates another issue if your truck is one of those F100's with a 5x4.5 lug pattern.