Bullnose Forums

LS Swap Kit

Ray Cecil

If I remember correctly, the 300's perches sit on top of the engine crossmember, and all the gas V8 perches bolt to the back of the crossmember. You can see some measurements and pics here: Documentation/Exterior/Frames/Engine Perches.

That makes a lot more sense. With a set of v8 perches, I could probably make an LS motor mount work very easily. You are right, the 300's perches sit pretty close to the center of the cross member.

If I remember correctly, the 300's perches sit on top of the engine crossmember, and all the gas V8 perches bolt to the back of the crossmember. You can see some measurements and pics here: Documentation/Exterior/Frames/Engine Perches.

That makes a lot more sense. With a set of v8 perches, I could probably make an LS motor mount work very easily. You are right, the 300's perches sit pretty close to the center of the cross member.

I drove dad's old silverado in to work this morning. 5.3 Liter, 4 speed auto, 4wd......with 350,000 miles on it....it still drives and rides soooo good.

I measured my wife's 2008 Chevy tahoe wheelbase. 116" center to center axles. That is within 1" of the Blue flareside.

If I can find a rolled over Tahoe....Maybe a chassis swap would be the best method of marrying a bullnose to a Chevy drive train.

I drove dad's old silverado in to work this morning. 5.3 Liter, 4 speed auto, 4wd......with 350,000 miles on it....it still drives and rides soooo good.

I measured my wife's 2008 Chevy tahoe wheelbase. 116" center to center axles. That is within 1" of the Blue flareside.

If I can find a rolled over Tahoe....Maybe a chassis swap would be the best method of marrying a bullnose to a Chevy drive train.

My brother is doing something very similar, but with a 60's Chevy pickup. Or, he was. He has the vehicles but I don't think anything's been done.

Anyway, my worry is about frame differences, like widths and level spots. Might be easy and might be very difficult. But at least you have Holly's vehicle to measure.

My brother is doing something very similar, but with a 60's Chevy pickup. Or, he was. He has the vehicles but I don't think anything's been done.

Anyway, my worry is about frame differences, like widths and level spots. Might be easy and might be very difficult. But at least you have Holly's vehicle to measure.

Id probably get a 1999-2006 model tahoe if I go that route. Same wheelbase as later model. And, dads truck is exactly the same as those tahoes from mid frame forward. So I can measure dads truck to see if itll work before deciding.