Bullnose Forums

Exterior Moulding

Vic Roma

I prefer just the upper wheel well molding with either the black or bright trim - but not the early 'thick' black. If there is upper trim I like just the plain chrome, no black insert. Again, all preference.

Do you mean in either 80, or 81/82, there was “bright w/ vinyl” that had a different pattern/appearance? Did that generation of trim have no faux leather pattern, and it was just a straight/smooth black insert?

Do you mean in either 80, or 81/82, there was “bright w/ vinyl” that had a different pattern/appearance? Did that generation of trim have no faux leather pattern, and it was just a straight/smooth black insert?

Yes, it still had the same texture but was thicker and had a more prominent plateau. Not a great photo of it but you can see the black isn't as flat as the later years.

Screenshot_20191021-075636.thumb.jpg.4af2738f85450779f54cc4e16677c71d.jpg

Yes, it still had the same texture but was thicker and had a more prominent plateau. Not a great photo of it but you can see the black isn't as flat as the later years.

I think that thicker trapezoid style was only used in 1980. It matched the optional rub strips that were found on the front and rear bumper.