Bullnose Forums

87' BRONCO, LIKE NEW

Ray Cecil

The truck does not. Im not sure about the bronco. Ill check this weekend.

It's worth grabbing if the Bronco has it. Only takes 5 mins to remove. I took one out of a 1991 F250 for my truck but haven't installed it yet. If it has delay, there's a little black module up in the dash just above in the wiper switch.

The truck does not. Im not sure about the bronco. Ill check this weekend.

It's worth grabbing if the Bronco has it. Only takes 5 mins to remove. I took one out of a 1991 F250 for my truck but haven't installed it yet. If it has delay, there's a little black module up in the dash just above in the wiper switch.

And you can tell because the wiper switch will turn one notch ccw of off, which is the delay position. At least that's the way I remember it.

And you can tell because the wiper switch will turn one notch ccw of off, which is the delay position. At least that's the way I remember it.

It turns ~90° back from OFF, which is the delay adjustment (no detent). You can tell when you try to remove the wiper switch because the harness connector is red (instead of black), and it will have an extra ground wire riveted to the case (which most people break off because they can't find the ground screw up in the dash, or get a tool on it; so that almost ruins the switch).

https://supermotors.net/getfile/71684/thumbnail/wipers.jpg

If you want more control over your HVAC system, and you don't mind pulling your dash, the '87-early '88 HVAC control & inside box are fairly easy to swap in. But if you have 2 fuel tanks, you'd lose that switch, so you'd have to add one somewhere. The '87 might plug in, and it would certainly do the job, but you'd have to find a location for it.

If the A/C is still charged, it can be lifted out as a unit, and dropped onto a similar (serpentine) engine.

The '87-91 taillights swap directly, and have a wraparound reverse window.

The t-case (whether it's the common BW1356 or the rarer BW1342) is a stronger upgrade to the NP208F, but the original shifter MIGHT not work with them, which would mean cutting a hole in the floor for the '87 shifter, and covering the original hole. Either way, you'd have to convert the original rear driveshaft to fixed-yoke, or buy a replacement (the Bronco d'shaft won't fit an F).

The sun visors with hang-hooks are an upgrade, if the interior is the same color. Same for the A-pillar trim.

The cruise control is identical, other than the location of the VSS (but the '87 VSS/speedo cable is compatible with the older t-case, if the '87 trans is physically longer or equal length to yours).

If the t/g is in decent condition, it's worth a few hundred. The glass alone is worth ~$40; ~$60 with a good defrost grid.

The steering column or wheel will swap. The doors or any of their parts will swap. The pinhole wiper valance is a good swap. The w/s trim & wiper arms are identical (but the '94-96/7 arms are slightly better, and I prefer the black trim). All Broncos have 3" rear springs, so if your truck has 2.5", you could swap all that (requiring cutting rivets, bolting those brackets to your frame, and you SHOULD always use new U-bolts).