Bullnose Forums

Back of cab seam sealer

kramttocs

Are all trucks supposed to have seam sealer at the bottom of the back wall?

The two reg cab trucks in the shop do but my super cab doesn't. Where the vertical seams are in the back panel I can see daylight at the bottom looking at the floor. Not rusted out or anything, just gaps because of the sheet metal bends and no sealant.

I am currently installing the heat/sound proofing so want to get this addressed first. Any reason I shouldn't run some seam sealer from cab corner to cab corner and fill in the gaps?

• 2 years later...

I've not looked at that spot on a supercab, but surely they would have seam sealer there. I can't imagine them not having it, and can't see why installing it would be a problem.

What sealant would you recommend? I have some similar areas I want seal up before the sound proofing is put down.

Is that one of the 2 part ones? Do you have the 3m part number?

No, single component.

3M 8367

I just used a regular caulk gun which worked fine though may be why the top collapsed some. Sealed it up but haven't ever tried it so can't say if it's one time use or not. :nabble_smiley_beam:

No, single component.

3M 8367

I just used a regular caulk gun which worked fine though may be why the top collapsed some. Sealed it up but haven't ever tried it so can't say if it's one time use or not. :nabble_smiley_beam:

Awesome thanks for the info.