Bullnose Test Forum

Bed question

Hard to tell for sure, but I think that's an '87 or later bed. Easy to tell if you get a clear shot at a wheel well opening as the '87 and later have round openings while Bullnose openings are flat on top.

That's looks like a '87 version of a long-bed.......

Hard to tell for sure, but I think that's an '87 or later bed. Easy to tell if you get a clear shot at a wheel well opening as the '87 and later have round openings while Bullnose openings are flat on top.

That's looks like a '87 version of a long-bed.......

Good point, Ron. I missed that.

I disagree, the angle of the picture is awful but I don't see enough real estate for it to be a longbed.

The pic that shows the driver's side makes it look like there's a lot more room between the front tank filler and the front of the box than there is between the filler and the wheel opening. On my '97 short box the distance between the filler and front is about twice the distance from the filler to the fender. So if the filler is in about the same place in that year as it was in '97 I'm thinking long box.

And definitely a round fender, not an '80 - '86, if that's important to you.

The pic that shows the driver's side makes it look like there's a lot more room between the front tank filler and the front of the box than there is between the filler and the wheel opening. On my '97 short box the distance between the filler and front is about twice the distance from the filler to the fender. So if the filler is in about the same place in that year as it was in '97 I'm thinking long box.

And definitely a round fender, not an '80 - '86, if that's important to you.

yes. it turns out to be a 87 or newer. it is a short bed but I cant use it. guy is only asking 400 for it too. shame

...'87 and later have round openings while Bullnose openings are flat on top.
It's certainly '87-96/7 because the top of the arch protrudes, and the lower body line doesn't run up & over the arch.

The wheel, bumper, & taillight are distinctly '92-96. The paint colors are also in that range.

5FAE6A48-A917-4A7E-807D-94E2B6FF0D16.thumb.png.e5d32066eeb8d21133526c1c32a2ebf6.png