Bullnose Forums

Saving NOS parts.

Vic Roma

The several dealerships whose parts storerooms I've had access to have never had a significant quantity of old parts, though. They try NOT to stock anything because 1) it's expensive, and 2) being this close to all the distribution warehouses, they can get deliveries a few times a day, so they don't need to stock much.

That must be why I am having trouble locating discontinued NOS parts for my 1998 Jeep Wrangler. When Chrysler cancels a part, most dealerships don't have any stock to try to sell off.

For that reason, it looks like it is going to become more and more difficult to properly restore a vehicle with original NOS parts. :nabble_smiley_cry:

At the end of the day, general manager Bob, or even corporate big wig Steve is perfectly content driving his 2019 F350 and couldn't care any less about leftover parts for a 2007 F350. Car dealerships aren't in the business of helping you restore your 30 year old car. They want you to buy a new one.

At the end of the day, general manager Bob, or even corporate big wig Steve is perfectly content driving his 2019 F350 and couldn't care any less about leftover parts for a 2007 F350. Car dealerships aren't in the business of helping you restore your 30 year old car. They want you to buy a new one.

True. So it’s left to Dennis Carpenter (and Lemon-C) to recreate ... parts they deem fit for profit (I get it, it’s a business).

quality