Bullnose Forums

I Think I Am Going to Sell My Truck

LARIAT 85

Thank you, gentlemen. I will consider all of your thoughts and opinions. Should I decide to sell, I like the idea of Lucille going to someone here on the board.

Does anyone here have FOUR vehicles?

Depending on what you are wanting for it. I may sell my Impala and save the cash on the side to be ready with cash. Lucille would look pretty good sitting in my garage next to Little Blue.

20190418_194648.jpg.b43853fe9c7cf1335b6a09e600a44610.jpg

Depending on what you are wanting for it. I may sell my Impala and save the cash on the side to be ready with cash. Lucille would look pretty good sitting in my garage next to Little Blue.

Yes, she would. :nabble_smiley_beam:

Lucille is a completed restoration. She needs nothing and there are no surprises. I am not going to sell it to someone who is only looking for a "deal."

Back when I had it professionally painted in 2016, Grundy appraised it at $26K, and that was before I even finished putting the interior in!

Lucille is a completed restoration. She needs nothing and there are no surprises. I am not going to sell it to someone who is only looking for a "deal."

Back when I had it professionally painted in 2016, Grundy appraised it at $26K, and that was before I even finished putting the interior in!

Here's where we need a resident "historian" on here. Someone who will track the selling prices for these trucks over time so we can properly price what we have - in case we want to sell.

It would require said someone to develop or use existing categories of quality. I think Hemmings has categories of 0 - 5. Unfortunately some of the categories out there are for judging cars with regard to originality, and many of our trucks are not completely original. So there would have to be work done to determine reasonable categories.

And then it would take watching ebay, craigslist, etc to record details about when the vehicle sold, the final price, time on the market, etc. And the "time on the market" information is crucial as some vehicles are so special that it takes finding just the right person to buy them, and that can take time. But if we knew what the vehicle is really worth then maybe we would hold onto it until the right person came along.

Any takers?

At one point I had the truck, a Sprinter van, a car and 5-6 motorcycles.

Different horses for different courses.

And once I paid down the Sprinter I didn't have a note on any of them.

But lives change, and I'd understand if you felt you wanted to kick Lucille to the curb. 🤢

About 12 or so vehicles here..

I fully understand the blood sweat tears and $$ involved in restoring the truck. Not long ago, there was a truck on here called "Big Blackie". Guy had $40,000 or $50,000 in receipts on the thing. It was on ebay and it sold for $15,000. With I think only a couple of bidders. It was on eBay again this week. Not sure if it sold yet.

So, with that said, and don't take it the wrong way, its only worth what someone is willing to pay. I doubt very seriously that your truck would bring what Big Blackie brought on eBay round #1. Your truck is as nice, but his was outfitted a lot more.

That being said....I think you should keep Lucille if you can. I'd be honored to get a chance at owning Lucille, and I am not "looking for a deal". However, I wouldn't pay more than what the current market would bring for it. I'm just being honest and up front about it.

I fully understand the blood sweat tears and $$ involved in restoring the truck. Not long ago, there was a truck on here called "Big Blackie". Guy had $40,000 or $50,000 in receipts on the thing. It was on ebay and it sold for $15,000. With I think only a couple of bidders. It was on eBay again this week. Not sure if it sold yet.

So, with that said, and don't take it the wrong way, its only worth what someone is willing to pay. I doubt very seriously that your truck would bring what Big Blackie brought on eBay round #1. Your truck is as nice, but his was outfitted a lot more.

That being said....I think you should keep Lucille if you can. I'd be honored to get a chance at owning Lucille, and I am not "looking for a deal". However, I wouldn't pay more than what the current market would bring for it. I'm just being honest and up front about it.

I am familiar with Big Blackie. I agree with you in that it was "outfitted" a lot more and was a very nice truck.

But I will say this in all sincerity and with no disrespect intended: Lucille is a better truck with a much better restoration in many ways. I think it should absolutely bring more than what Big Blackie did.

.....But I will say this in all sincerity and with no disrespect intended: Lucille is a better truck with a much better restoration in many ways. I think it should absolutely bring more than what Big Blackie did.

I agree its of higher quality. I hope you get more.

Count me out of the running at more than blackie though. Id buy blackie first because I could fit the whole family in it. I like the stance of blackie. A lifter bullnose looks means as hell to me.