Bullnose Forums

Bull nose right original fender

Romel

...the fender was changed somewhere in the past and does not line up the contours well.
It's relatively easy to re-align a fender; and it's often necessary because Ford used paper shims at the top, so they degrade over the years. So it's possible that it's the original fender (it looks original in your photo), and it only needs adjustment.

The correct procedure is to align the door to the cab first; and then align the fender to the door. If the door needs adjustment, it's easier with the fender off.

...the fender was changed somewhere in the past and does not line up the contours well.
It's relatively easy to re-align a fender; and it's often necessary because Ford used paper shims at the top, so they degrade over the years. So it's possible that it's the original fender (it looks original in your photo), and it only needs adjustment.

The correct procedure is to align the door to the cab first; and then align the fender to the door. If the door needs adjustment, it's easier with the fender off.

The fender I have is slightly different than the left one, is shorter about half centimeter, the side marker does not fit right, the A pilar lining is horible, diferent than the left one, the light door to fender lining is bad as well. I have tried to line it the best but still not good. I can reweld it but thought it would be easier to get the oem one. The front clip was repainted in the past, I think minor accident. I am colecting all the parts for frame off restoration, will try to work every winter and make some progress while it is off the salty roads.