Bullnose Forums

This looks pretty cool...

I actually prefer the black truck, these trucks just don't have the dimensions/right lines to make a two-tone work IMO. In other words, they're too bulky to make it work.

Is it because we used to seeing/ owning the originals that to appropriate the highlights of the design just don’t seem to work? I suppose for the younger generation seeing this for the first time, and possibly being able to own it, would look different and maybe cool. Also for the older generation that once owned an original and get a chance to relive the glory days, albeit in sprit.

Kind of like relaunching the Ocean’s 11 movie; the first was/is a classic, the 2nd modern version (franchise) was good, the sorry third attempt, eh, well...

Or is it all simply a matter of “...but you can roll it in glitter.”

Is it because we used to seeing/ owning the originals that to appropriate the highlights of the design just don’t seem to work? I suppose for the younger generation seeing this for the first time, and possibly being able to own it, would look different and maybe cool. Also for the older generation that once owned an original and get a chance to relive the glory days, albeit in sprit.

Kind of like relaunching the Ocean’s 11 movie; the first was/is a classic, the 2nd modern version (franchise) was good, the sorry third attempt, eh, well...

Or is it all simply a matter of “...but you can roll it in glitter.”

I think it is that the originals were designed to have that look. We were used to seeing two-toned paint jobs and the trucks had breaks where the colors changed. Today's trucks are much more round and there's no crisp break where they are changing the color. It just doesn't work the same.