Bullnose Forums

Factory CB Radio Antenna

Is CB still popular?

IMO, no. Hardly hear anyone anymore. Took it out of the vehicles I had them in. Got a Ham license, pretty quiet there too.

Could be me. Had one in every vehicle I have DD since I was 16. I think I still have my old license somewhere for CB’s. Used to talk to truckers, friends and whoever. Great for traffic and “bear” reports.

Might put one in again someday. I have 4 or 5 plus a base unit.

"Hardly hear anyone anymore."

That's what I thought, but I agree Steve83, that it is likely used for a small personal convoy (Rubber Duck...) than old-timey chatter.

Do you come across those parts still?

"Hardly hear anyone anymore."

That's what I thought, but I agree Steve83, that it is likely used for a small personal convoy (Rubber Duck...) than old-timey chatter.

Do you come across those parts still?

I have had one in every one of my trucks and still have one in my Ranger. The only traffic I pull is mainly strange folks using code words to acquire illicit things. And then there's Channel 6...….

I mainly use mine to communicate between the ranch trucks when I'm working in the field, and also for weather updates while I'm driving since I refuse to use my phone while driving.

And then there's Channel 6...
What's special about 6? Is that the Lot Lizard channel?

Channel 6 is known as the "Superbowl". It's basically a bunch of jack wagons with high powered equipment trying to over-power each other. Very annoying and non-stop.

I hope yours has a weather feature or you have more traffic than I do here in Central Florida. Mine never cracks a sound most of the time I'm on the road.

No weather on this one. Cobra 148GTL, SSB. Yeah it’s quiet most of the time. I did get a radio check pretty quick though.

Channel 6 is known as the "Superbowl". It's basically a bunch of jack wagons with high powered equipment trying to over-power each other. Very annoying and non-stop.

As far as ch. 6 goes, unless you got power behind your radio you may as well stay on the porch. I have gotten out on 6 before my self, as well as talked all over the world into several different countries. The furthest I have talked on my base station is a station about 165 miles from Melbourne, Australia.