Bullnose Forums

Grill [E3TZ-8200-G]

Yes, all of Ford's literature that I've seen spells it as "grille".

As for that grille, the MPC says the original part number was E3TZ 8150-F, which was then replaced by E3TZ 8200-G. What I find interesting in this is that the MPC shows that a part designed in 1983 is the right one for a 1982 truck. Apparently there was a E2TZ 8150-? part that got replaced? (If I weren't so lazy I'd climb the microfiche tower and find out.)

Also, note that the base part # changed in 1983 from 8150 to 8200. That is confusing as the parts interchange. I wonder why?

But, put those two ideas together and you get a third - why was a grille designed for 1983 trucks given an 8150 part # and not an 8200 like all the other E3TZ grilles?

:nabble_anim_confused:

Star Symbol indicates part is not supplied for service for the following reasons:

a. Part is superseded and replaced as indicated in the description column of text.

b. Part can be improvised as indicated in the description column of text.

c. Due to its function there would be little or no demand.

grille_orig.thumb.jpg.1aad7ce4a0ccc49ab6e5ace4c804684d.jpg

Yes, all of Ford's literature that I've seen spells it as "grille".

As for that grille, the MPC says the original part number was E3TZ 8150-F, which was then replaced by E3TZ 8200-G. What I find interesting in this is that the MPC shows that a part designed in 1983 is the right one for a 1982 truck. Apparently there was a E2TZ 8150-? part that got replaced? (If I weren't so lazy I'd climb the microfiche tower and find out.)

Also, note that the base part # changed in 1983 from 8150 to 8200. That is confusing as the parts interchange. I wonder why?

But, put those two ideas together and you get a third - why was a grille designed for 1983 trucks given an 8150 part # and not an 8200 like all the other E3TZ grilles?

:nabble_anim_confused:

Star Symbol indicates part is not supplied for service for the following reasons:

a. Part is superseded and replaced as indicated in the description column of text.

b. Part can be improvised as indicated in the description column of text.

c. Due to its function there would be little or no demand.

Gary, I "find" 'em, you "grind" 'em! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Because Ranger?