Bullnose Forums

2008 mustang swap 4.6 3v?

snakebite8

so I am able to pick up a 08 mustang gt that is hit for a really great price. has the 4.6 3v and auto trans. I was told the front susp cant be used like u can use in the crown vic. so I was thinking of maybe buying it and down the road use the engine and trans and rear and stuff. has anyone else done this swap?

has anyone else done this swap?

I haven't come across this swap yet, but it seems like it would be a nice powerplant for a little Bullnose.

I built a nice little 302 for my '84 Flareside, but I still suffer from "351 envy" from time to time. Anyway, that's a project for another time, far from now.

You'll need the computer, engine harness, trans controller (if it's not part of the main computer) and related sensors and such. There have been a couple Coyote swaps done on 80s Broncos. They were quite involved.

Are you thinking of staying efi or carbing it?

I assume you have a 2wd truck? If you plan on using it as an actual truck, you might consider swapping the cams out for a lower torque rpm range. If it's a street machine, the current cams will be fine.

I have a similar "problem" of a totalled 2003 mach1 sitting in my driveway. The 4.6 4v and tremec 3650 5spd are waiting to get used in something. I've pondered a maverick, comet, f100, and even a ratrod. Some day I'll get it going!

You'll need the computer, engine harness, trans controller (if it's not part of the main computer) and related sensors and such. There have been a couple Coyote swaps done on 80s Broncos. They were quite involved.

Are you thinking of staying efi or carbing it?

I assume you have a 2wd truck? If you plan on using it as an actual truck, you might consider swapping the cams out for a lower torque rpm range. If it's a street machine, the current cams will be fine.

I have a similar "problem" of a totalled 2003 mach1 sitting in my driveway. The 4.6 4v and tremec 3650 5spd are waiting to get used in something. I've pondered a maverick, comet, f100, and even a ratrod. Some day I'll get it going!

I would keep it stock and a driver. I have a small garage and I just started restoring old cars on the side. I have a guy working for me. And I was picking his brain. I was seeing just how much work it would take to cut the body off the mustang. And then drop the F150 body on top of the mustang. I know the mustang is shorter. So I would have to stretch the car out around 10”. I seen a 1950s f100 done like this with a shelby GT500. Might be the way to go lol